Scheduleing Programs

Old January 12th 04, 04:14 PM
Jim

Default Scheduleing Programs

What kind of internet based scheduling programs are you using? Our flight
school is looking for an internet based scheduling program/service for it's
planes and instructors. Something that approved pilots and instructors can
access from home as well as at the flight school. Looking for the good, the
bad, and the ugly on different systems and programs you've had experience
with. What do fees and costs run for these services? We don't want
something that requires a lot of system maintenence.

Thanks!

--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Old January 12th 04, 04:53 PM

Jim,

I like MyFBO.com They have a "sample" you can operate if you email
them from their web page.

Please consider checking out our web site, serviced by them,
implemented as:

http://poudreaviation.com/

Best regards,

Jer/ Eberhard, Chief Flight Instructor
--
Poudre Aviation, 2200 Airway Ave, Ft Collins, CO, 80524, USA
CELL/VM: 970 231-6325, EMAIL: jer'at'frii.com

In rec.aviation.piloting Jim wrote:
What kind of internet based scheduling programs are you using? Our flight
school is looking for an internet based scheduling program/service for it's
planes and instructors. Something that approved pilots and instructors can
access from home as well as at the flight school. Looking for the good, the
bad, and the ugly on different systems and programs you've had experience
with. What do fees and costs run for these services? We don't want
something that requires a lot of system maintenance.

Thanks!

Old January 12th 04, 05:51 PM
Chris Ehlbeck

My school uses Skyscheduler at www.skyscheduler.com . It does allow
students and instructors access from home and the FBO. It allows selection
of alternate aircraft if one is available, can keep and electronic logbook
for users and allows "sqwauks" of minor problems. It probably does more,
but I'm not sure. It is very easy to use as well. But, I don't have any
others to compare it too.

Chris

Old January 12th 04, 06:00 PM
Aviv Hod

"Jim" wrote in message
What kind of internet based scheduling programs are you using? Our flight
school is looking for an internet based scheduling program/service for

it's
planes and instructors. Something that approved pilots and instructors

can
access from home as well as at the flight school. Looking for the good,

the
bad, and the ugly on different systems and programs you've had experience
with. What do fees and costs run for these services? We don't want
something that requires a lot of system maintenence.

Jim,

My former club (www.greencastle-aeroclub.com) uses www.aircraftclubs.com
very successfully. It is simple and affordable, and is suitable for any
FBO. This is the only one I've experience, so I can't speak about how well
it measures up to the rest. It works and seems reliable.

-Aviv

Old January 12th 04, 06:02 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Jim" said:
What kind of internet based scheduling programs are you using? Our flight

Our club uses ScheduleMaster. We like it a lot, but it's expensive. We
looked at MyFBO.com which is cheaper and seems to have more features, but
from my experience with their on-line demo, their user interface sucks
rocks. There doesn't appear any way to see a complete overview of what
planes are available over a time period - you can only look at the
schedule for one plane at a time.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
If netcat is compiled with -DGAPING_SECURITY_HOLE, the -e argument
Old January 12th 04, 06:21 PM
Geoffrey Barnes

Our club uses ScheduleMaster. We like it a lot, but it's expensive. We
looked at MyFBO.com which is cheaper and seems to have more features, but
from my experience with their on-line demo, their user interface sucks
rocks. There doesn't appear any way to see a complete overview of what
planes are available over a time period - you can only look at the
schedule for one plane at a time.

We use MyFBO, and I'll grant that their interface isn't top-notch. But you
most certainly CAN get an overview of all planes over a given time frame.

Old January 12th 04, 07:29 PM
S Narayan

We use schedulemaster as well. Don't know the cost comparison with other
programs.

You can certainly look multiple planes at a time by using the 4-day, 9-day
or 30-day calendar view etc.

Old January 12th 04, 07:37 PM
S Narayan

I am sorry missed something in my earlier post, you also need to select
ALL-Resources or ALL-SEL etc.. for the resource options that you may have.

Old January 12th 04, 08:03 PM
TTA Cherokee Driver

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, "Jim" said:

What kind of internet based scheduling programs are you using? Our flight

Our club uses ScheduleMaster. We like it a lot, but it's expensive. We
looked at MyFBO.com which is cheaper and seems to have more features, but
from my experience with their on-line demo, their user interface sucks
rocks. There doesn't appear any way to see a complete overview of what
planes are available over a time period - you can only look at the
schedule for one plane at a time.

My club uses myfbo.com and it certainly can show all, or any subset of,
resoruces (planes, instructors, simulators) at a time, you just click
the boxes for each resource you want to see. Or you can go to the lobby
view, or the schedule direct view.

I have no complaints with myfbo.com, but as others have said about their
programs, it's the only one I've ever used so I don't know how it stacks
up with others.

Old January 12th 04, 08:34 PM
Randy Wentzel

Jim wrote:

What kind of internet based scheduling programs are you using? Our flight
school is looking for an internet based scheduling program/service for it's
planes and instructors. Something that approved pilots and instructors can
access from home as well as at the flight school. Looking for the good, the
bad, and the ugly on different systems and programs you've had experience
with. What do fees and costs run for these services? We don't want
something that requires a lot of system maintenence.

Thanks!

My flight school uses Youcanbookit.com (ycbi.com). It's great because
you can schedule aircraft online and see when aircraft are scheduled for
maintenance, etc. Full featured and easy to use even for web newbies.

Best,

Randy Wentzel
KSTS - Sonoma County CA