GA headed for regulatory trouble

Old June 30th 05, 09:37 PM
Skylune

Exactly correct. The prior poster was misrepresting the statistics.

He must be a troll.

Old June 30th 05, 09:42 PM

Icebound wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

I've taken some comfort in the fact that this latest incident dropped
off the news almost as quickly as it arrived.

After the incursion in May, posters were predicting all sorts of dire
consequences for the next one.... and I predicted:

The more often these occur without anybody seriously hurt, the less likely
there will be a shoot-down because the previous experiences will suggest
"low danger probability". ... and also the more likely that the media

Indeed. The more these happen, the more people in DC will think, "Oh
great, another damn cessna scare," the less photogenic mayhem will
ensue, the less the media will cover it, the less anyone will likely
give a damn.

Personally, I think this might be a great opportunity for a bit of
hard-core pork-barreling to get the gummint to subsidize ADS-B rigs for
everyone. Double it in with a new ATC system and who cares about ten
billion here or there? Might as well make lemons from lemonade...

-cwk.

(removing tongue from cheek)

Old June 30th 05, 10:45 PM
George Patterson

Gary Drescher wrote:
So if USA Today
claimed otherwise (do you have a reference, please?) then they must not have
read the most basic information available on the subject.

The article I read predated 2002. I have been unable to locate it on their web site.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old June 30th 05, 10:51 PM
Gary Drescher

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Gary Drescher wrote:
So if USA Today claimed otherwise (do you have a reference, please?) then
they must not have read the most basic information available on the
subject.

The article I read predated 2002. I have been unable to locate it on their
web site.

Ok, thanks for checking though.

--Gary

Old June 30th 05, 10:52 PM
kontiki

Skylune wrote:
Who wants to "stop aviation?" Why would anyone want to do this?

All we want is better regulation of GA, eliminate taxpayer subsidies for
GA airports, upgrade pilot training so that these be a pilot in a month
schools won't exist, change the FARs so that a turboprop cant legally
circle over people's house all day long, expose the FAA corrupt,
ineffective regulation of GA, etc.

Every single day, some GA pilots prove that the industry is running amuck.
I feel badly for the responsible majority of GA pilots, but a small
minority is ruining it for all of you, especially those with calalier
attitudes (protect baby seals - please). And Phil Boyer panders to the
lowest common denominator.

GA is pretty heavily regulated right now, in case you haven't noticed.
I really don't think we need a whole lot more. GA did not cause 9-11
and now that there are 200 times as many TFR's as there were pre-911
you've got to expect a few more occasional violations.

This USED to be more of a free country than it is today, in case you've forgotten.

Old June 30th 05, 10:57 PM
kontiki

Larry Dighera wrote:
I couldn't agree with you less. I see very little reason for the ADIZ
at all. And our government shooting down innocent citizens for no
crime is tyranny if the first degree. The Department of Homeland
Security needs to rethink this faulted policy that provides no
additional security at all.

Well stated Sir. Government's answer (it seems) to all of it's various
problems is to implement more restrictions... create more new laws, etc.
These laws really only have an effect on the law abiding citizens of
the country. Criminals, AKA terroists, do not obey laws and could care
less.

Actually they are probably laughing at how much of the freedoms have
been taken away from American citizens because of their actions. Its a joke.

Old July 1st 05, 01:31 AM
Judah

"Icebound" wrote in
:

"Peter R." wrote in message
Icebound wrote:

Have a pleasant life.

Ignore that troll. He lives for no other purpose than to get a rise
out of
the group.

Oh, of course.... but I get this perverse satisfaction from recalling
that page, just to review all the different possibilities by which
that may cease..... :-)

Actually, I very much appreciated the post. I will be quoting that site
often!
Old July 1st 05, 01:58 AM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:43:47 GMT, George Patterson
wrote in TXXwe.5725$Bn6.4399@trndny08::

Andrew Gideon wrote:

And our government shooting down innocent citizens for no
crime is tyranny if the first degree.

As awful as that would be, it might wake up the sheep.

Did Waco or Ruby Ridge "wake the sheep?"

Isn't sex with the 12 year old daughter of your parishioner illegal?

Old July 1st 05, 02:07 AM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:57:55 GMT, kontiki
wrote in ::

Actually they are probably laughing at how much of the freedoms have
been taken away from American citizens because of their actions. Its a joke.

When the entire Senate and House of Representatives, the First Lady
and the President of the world's only superpower are forced to flee
_imagined_ danger, it is not really funny; it's pathetic. It makes
our noble nation look like it is lead by a bunch of undignified,
scared little fools. Hmmm... :-)

Four States and the Grand Canyon Mary Daniel or David Grah Soaring 6 December 6th 04 10:36 AM
Avionic trouble Henning DE Home Built 1 September 10th 04 10:23 PM
The Trouble With E-Ballots WalterM140 Military Aviation 0 June 26th 04 09:46 PM
A little engine trouble Peter Duniho Piloting 29 June 17th 04 07:29 PM
is anyone else having trouble getting messages downloaded? Gilan Home Built 1 August 22nd 03 01:49 AM