New Year weight loss plans ???

Old January 2nd 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default New Year weight loss plans ???

Just checked, thank you Jim :^)

The Monk

Old January 2nd 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Any idea how can I find out the location of my closest fruit wholesaler?

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Absolutely. Check your email. If anyone else would like me to check their
area, let me know.

Me too please. 55434 (Blaine, MN) or probably better ....Mpls.

Montblack

Old January 2nd 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Grumman-581 wrote:
"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
It helps that I own a company that builds
titanium bikes - less impact on W&B.

I checked out your website and saw that your frames are made in
China... I was over at the bike shop a couple of weeks ago looking
for a new bike for my daughter and noticed that *all* the bikes were
either made in China or Taiwan... Doesn't *anyone* make a bike in the
USA anymore?

Frames cost $8 to make in China...

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec...47a63355fc8c86

My bikes (Giant) use Chinese frames and they really are very durable.

Imagine if extrapolated into the aircraft market....

Old January 2nd 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"Grumman-581" wrote:

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
.. .
It helps that I own a company that builds
titanium bikes - less impact on W&B.

I checked out your website and saw that your frames are made in China... I
was over at the bike shop a couple of weeks ago looking for a new bike for
my daughter and noticed that *all* the bikes were either made in China or
Taiwan... Doesn't *anyone* make a bike in the USA anymore?

Not too many make frames in the USA any longer - there are some
"artisan shops" that turn out relatively expensive frames, often with
aesthetic touches that can't be found on most "production frames"...
but the cost of labor, and probably equally important - the cost of
meeting environmental restrictions when welding and painting - have
driven most production overseas.

I happened to get into the business with the Chinese because I lived
in China for a couple years, and was introduced to a group of
aerospace fabricators who had been spun off the Long March rocket
booster program. I was very much impressed with the welders' art
(which is obvious on a single-pass TIG weld), and have been bringing
in the frames and selling them worldwide for over 10 years.

The built bikes are assembled in the US though (although there are
almost no viable US-sourced components).

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Old January 2nd 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

"JohnH" wrote:

Grumman-581 wrote:
"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
It helps that I own a company that builds
titanium bikes - less impact on W&B.

I checked out your website and saw that your frames are made in
China... I was over at the bike shop a couple of weeks ago looking
for a new bike for my daughter and noticed that *all* the bikes were
either made in China or Taiwan... Doesn't *anyone* make a bike in the
USA anymore?

Frames cost $8 to make in China...

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec...47a63355fc8c86

My bikes (Giant) use Chinese frames and they really are very durable.

They really are quite good for the price - not too nice aesthetically
(and I'm pretty certain I wouldn't fly an aircraft built in the same
way...), but a heck of a deal for an aluminum frame. FWIW, the frames
I buy cost MANY times more than $8. Many, many times.

Imagine if extrapolated into the aircraft market....

Easy - all you gotta do is order a few hundred thousand of 'em....

Mark Hickey
Old January 2nd 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:

I'm pretty evangelistic about bike commuting too

... of course you arrive at work all sweaty.

Not a problem if there are showers at your place of work. Besides,
where I've done it (Florida and Arizona) you get all sweaty just
walking across the parking lot (not to mention actually getting into a
four-wheel sauna after work).

Mark Hickey
Old January 3rd 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:

I'm pretty evangelistic about bike commuting too

... of course you arrive at work all sweaty.

Not a problem if there are showers at your place of work. Besides,
where I've done it (Florida and Arizona) you get all sweaty just
walking across the parking lot (not to mention actually getting into a
four-wheel sauna after work).

Mark Hickey

Big difference between Florida and Arizona...

I can take 100 all day in Arizona but put me in Florida at anything over
about 75 degrees (with that humidity...) and I'm miserable in about 10
minutes. I don't even care for Michigan summers anymore (been in the desert
since '97)

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
AZ Cloudbusters
Chandler, AZ

Old January 3rd 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

--
Jay Honeck

Absolutely. Check your email. If anyone else would like me to check their
area, let me know.
Jim

I'm curious also. Zip 49001

blueskies at ameritech.net

Thanks!

Old January 3rd 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:
(Necessary Aviation Content: Weight)
(Necessary Aviation Content - Part Deux: Piper entrance and egress)

Anyone looking to shed 'a few' pounds this year? If you've succeeded it
in the past, want to share your story?

Montblack
If food is my cocaine, I'm the Darryl Strawberry of weight loss plans.
(Mmm... strawberries)

Weigh****chers, go to the meetings, follow the plan, eat good food, but
pay attention to what you eat. I lost 20 Ron lost 50.

Margy