Glider Rental Insurance:

Old August 18th 10, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony V

Default Glider Rental Insurance:

BTiz wrote:

My Policy has this requirement: A Standard Airworthyness Certificate.
I do not think that "Experimental" is "Standard".. but I could be
wrong...

You are not wrong. It sounds like experimentals are excluded.

Tony LS6-b "6N"
Old August 18th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

This discussion motivated me to look at my policy. There is indeed an
exclusion in the standard policy wording (1D in the back of my
policy) that limits the insurance coverage to only those aircraft that
have a Standard Airworthiness Certificate. Since my glider has an
Experimental Airworthiness Certificate, I called up Costello.

Turns out in the Costello glider policies there is an SSA program
coverage endorsement whose provision 10 (in my policy) specifically
expands the coverage to aircraft that have Standard, Utility or
Experimental category airworthiness certificates. Also, the renters
hull damage coverage is the lesser of $75,000 or your aircraft's hull
coverage, while the renter's liability coverage is $1,000,000 just
like your own aircraft.

For what it's worth, I've had very good experience with Costello.
Their policies are cheaper than those quoted by other brokers, and
their renter's coverage and deductibles that decrease with the years
you go without claims make them even more attractive to me. I have no
connection with Costello, except as a satisfied customer.

-John

Glider Rental Insurance: BTiz Soaring 0 August 18th 10 04:53 AM
Glider Rental Insurance: Walt Connelly Soaring 5 August 18th 10 02:03 AM
Glider insurance David Ecentral news Soaring 7 July 9th 09 12:19 AM
Rental Hull Insurance - for a week or just for a day? Ekim Piloting 8 August 9th 05 12:01 PM
Glider Insurance and Rental/Borrowed Ships ContestID67 Soaring 6 March 7th 05 06:34 PM