A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Flarm / Oudie issues

Old July 15th 19, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor
external usenet poster

Default Flarm / Oudie issues

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 9:53:44 AM UTC-6, George Haeh wrote:
Latest Oudie update shows IDs.

Current FlarmNet download page:

LXNAV and Naviter
20190715.fln

Copy to RADAR folder

George,

Please post what version of the SeeYou software you are using. I am using 9.15.01 and could not see Flarm ID's last week.

Tim
Old July 15th 19, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 9:04:52 AM UTC-7, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 9:53:44 AM UTC-6, George Haeh wrote:
Latest Oudie update shows IDs.

Current FlarmNet download page:

LXNAV and Naviter
20190715.fln

Copy to RADAR folder

George,

Please post what version of the SeeYou software you are using. I am using 9.15.01 and could not see Flarm ID's last week.

Tim

I also can not see Contest IDs. SeeYou PNA9.15.001 20190715.fln

Bench Testing with two PowerFlarm units and Ultimate running SeeYou PNA 9.15.001.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old July 16th 19, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]
external usenet poster

Contest ID not showing is unlikely an issue with the powerflarm but with your display. Since most complaints are about the Oudie I suspect the issue is with the Oudie, or the flarmnet file (wrong format perhaps)?
I don’t have these issues with latest firmwares neither in Xcsoar nor LX9000. The only contest ID not showing is for those which have yet to enter their info on flarmnet (nearly half the pilots apparently find it too challenging).
Reception vary significant between installations, some show up 5 miles while others less than a mile.
If you see someone consistently from more than 5 miles you most likely see their ADSB signal, not flarm signal (the target will look exactly the same in some displays).

Ramy
Old July 16th 19, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh
external usenet poster

Running 9.15.001

Settings - Flarm brings up:
Settings - Radar page

Labels Show box is checked.

The IDs were not showing just before the 9.15 upgrade
Old July 16th 19, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 8:28:37 AM UTC-7, George Haeh wrote:
Running 9.15.001

Settings - Radar page

Running v9.15.001

20190715.fln in the Radar Folder of Oudie and PNA
I have on both the Oudie and the SeeYou mobile PNA the settings - Radar Page - Labels Show Box Checked.

Still no Contest ID.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old July 16th 19, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 3:03:22 AM UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
Contest ID not showing is unlikely an issue with the powerflarm but with your display. Since most complaints are about the Oudie I suspect the issue is with the Oudie, or the flarmnet file (wrong format perhaps)?
I don’t have these issues with latest firmwares neither in Xcsoar nor LX9000. The only contest ID not showing is for those which have yet to enter their info on flarmnet (nearly half the pilots apparently find it too challenging).
Reception vary significant between installations, some show up 5 miles while others less than a mile.
If you see someone consistently from more than 5 miles you most likely see their ADSB signal, not flarm signal (the target will look exactly the same in some displays).

Ramy

Any tips on how to record the FLARM IDs seen in flight if the contest ID is not available (missing from FlarmNet data)? It's a hassle to write them down by hand, but they are not recorded in the flight log (except perhaps in the encrypted LFLA lines). I wish my glide computer (Tophat) would let me add the ID seen to the data file with one tap, then I can try and add the contest ID to it later.
Old July 17th 19, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh
external usenet poster

I'm using a slightly older.fln file.

My new Core 1.1 is powered by my Air Glide S which is connected to my Oudie with an NMEA adapter.

$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT1,81
$PFLAC,S,BAUD1,2
$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT2,81
$PFLAC,S,BAUD2,2
Old July 24th 19, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Guys,

thank you very much for this conversation, it helped us pinpoint the problem.

We did have an issue with broken FLN files and when we fixed that we thought that that's "that".

But it turns out that there was another problem with how Power Flarm transmits its ICAO code. We have a new beta version that fixes that. I am very sure that the fix works but it would be incredibly useful if someone who had this problem could test it and report back before we release it:

If you able to test this version please send an email to support at naviter dot com and we'll be glad to give you access to it.

Thanks,
Andrej Kolar
Naviter.com

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 6:12:46 PM UTC+2, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
Running 9.15.001

Settings - Radar page

Running v9.15.001

I have on both the Oudie and the SeeYou mobile PNA the settings - Radar Page - Labels Show Box Checked.

Still no Contest ID.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old July 26th 19, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Problem fixed. Thank you Tim Taylor and Richard (Craggy Aero) for confirming this with a live test!

You can download the corrected version he
http://download.naviter.com/oudie_all/UpdateOudie.exe

or wait until after the weekend, when it becomes available through the Naviter Updater.

Along the way, a new feature was added for all those who will participate in the Pan-American championships - Pressing the Pilot Event button will forward this event also to a Flarm / PowerFlarm if connected.

Have a great weekend!
Andrej Kolar
Naviter.com

On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 3:01:49 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Guys,

thank you very much for this conversation, it helped us pinpoint the problem.

We did have an issue with broken FLN files and when we fixed that we thought that that's "that".

But it turns out that there was another problem with how Power Flarm transmits its ICAO code. We have a new beta version that fixes that. I am very sure that the fix works but it would be incredibly useful if someone who had this problem could test it and report back before we release it:

If you able to test this version please send an email to support at naviter dot com and we'll be glad to give you access to it.

Thanks,
Andrej Kolar
Naviter.com

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 6:12:46 PM UTC+2, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
Running 9.15.001

Settings - Radar page

Running v9.15.001

Still no Contest ID.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old July 26th 19, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Please read this about adding buddies when they are not present in FlarmNET file:
https://www.naviter.com/2018/06/oudi...-your-buddies/

The article focuses on OGN buddies, but it works just the same with regular Flarm targets.

Regards,
Andrej Kolar
Naviter.com

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 10:41:12 PM UTC+2, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 3:03:22 AM UTC-4, Ramy wrote:

Ramy

Any tips on how to record the FLARM IDs seen in flight if the contest ID is not available (missing from FlarmNet data)? It's a hassle to write them down by hand, but they are not recorded in the flight log (except perhaps in the encrypted LFLA lines). I wish my glide computer (Tophat) would let me add the ID seen to the data file with one tap, then I can try and add the contest ID to it later.