Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

Old December 28th 19, 08:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

Ventus c and Ventus 2 differ in wingform, airfoil, fuselage and elevator.
Old December 28th 19, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 1:27:56 AM UTC-7, Tango Whisky wrote:
Ventus c and Ventus 2 differ in wingform, airfoil, fuselage and elevator.

And price.
Old December 28th 19, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

But other than that...?

--
Dan, 5J
Old December 28th 19, 11:33 PM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Whisky View Post
Ventus c and Ventus 2 differ in wingform, airfoil, fuselage and elevator.
The early s/n V2bs used the same fuse and tail feathers as the Vc

Any how as regards the original post I reckon the best one between the 27 and the V2 is the one you happen to own (or end up owning) ;-)
Old December 29th 19, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

The Ventus 2 has a much softer wing than the Ventus a/b/c and the 27. It is very nice with or without water compared to the earlier Venti.
Old December 29th 19, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Comparison between 27b and V2b:

I flew a Ventus 2B and an ASW 27B.

-The Ventus 2b wings are very hard, for me they are too hard to Fl without water.
-The 27 wings are softer and more flexible.

-Both have integral ballast tanks.
-Both have automatic of rudder connection.

Ventus 2b has a 4" wheel.
27b has a 5" wheel with a disc brake. (better)

The 2b climbs better than the 27b.
The 27b had a little better glide ratio, especially at higher speeds. Higher wingloading with less weight then the 2b.(500kg with 9m² to 525kg with 9,67m².

The V2b has a ballast tank in the tail.
One a very few 27bs have a ballast tank in the tail, but you can install a ballast tank in the fuselage which works a little bit like a ballast tank in the tail fr weight and balance. One of the disadvantages of the 27.

I live in Germany and own a LS6, a model. Last saison I had some nice flights in my LS6a with my friend Michael in his 27b. It was a lot of fun and the high price of the 27 is it not worth in comparison with the LS6.

TOPIC REPAINTING:
Last year we brought our LS4 to Poland for repainting. Because it is a glider of our club, we decided not to take PU. So we choose t35 as paint. Including callsigns and cockpit We paid 7,5k€ without tax.
This year we brought the 27b to Poland, we paid 10k€ without tax. Complete in white, without callsigns.

In Gemany you pay 50% more.

Kind regards,
Lukas
Old December 30th 19, 08:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

The Ventus 2 actually has a 5" wheel. My Ventus cm is number 107 out of 110, and it is the first Ventus with a sprung 5" wheel.
Old December 30th 19, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

You guys are making me feel bad about my recent purchase of a Ventus Ct 🤨

Ok maybe not. It was significantly less expensive then a Ventus 2 variant.
Plus my understanding is it's roughly 90% the performance of the V2...?

Anyway I'm happy with it at my skill and experience level.
As I have never been in a contest, I am considering MAYBE entering a regional contest or sports class competition this year.
Old December 30th 19, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Monday, December 30, 2019 at 6:40:11 AM UTC-8, Mike N. wrote:
You guys are making me feel bad about my recent purchase of a Ventus Ct 🤨

Ok maybe not. It was significantly less expensive then a Ventus 2 variant..
Plus my understanding is it's roughly 90% the performance of the V2...?

Anyway I'm happy with it at my skill and experience level.
As I have never been in a contest, I am considering MAYBE entering a regional contest or sports class competition this year.

This weekend I saw a Ventus C owned by a visiting pilot that had been refinished in PU at Williams. It was beautiful, looked like a new glider from the factory. I am sure that glider has as much fun as any other 15-18 meter glider. The difference between the generations is a matter of a few turns on course, for all but the very top racers. Have fun and fly safe.
Old December 30th 19, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Tango Wisky,
the Ventus 2b has, like the Ventus 2a and all the Ventus before a 4" wheel.
Since the Ventus 2c and the Ventus 2bx there is a 5" wheel installed. (The Ventus 2bx has the same fuselage then the Discus 2b and it is newer than the V2b.)

FS ASW27B HL Falbaum Soaring 3 December 20th 06 10:51 PM
Flying is so much nicer with avgas under $3 (USD) Ron Lee Piloting 20 November 27th 06 03:16 PM
ASW27B Ray Gimmey Soaring 1 November 4th 06 02:41 AM
ASW27B for Sale Sam Fly Soaring 0 September 13th 04 12:51 AM
FA EBAY: Evans Volksplane VP1 ( You won't find a nicer VP1) JR Home Built 7 June 16th 04 10:25 PM