What is the "x"

Old December 30th 19, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default What is the "x"

OK, so what is the "x" in the Ventus line, e.g., V2cx
--
Dan, 5J
Old December 30th 19, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Monday, December 30, 2019 at 12:29:34 PM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
OK, so what is the "x" in the Ventus line, e.g., V2cx
--
Dan, 5J

It is where they screwed the guys that had been waiting 2.5 years for their new V2C, and had paid their $90,000. Six weeks after it arrived in port the new V2cx was announced. They couldn't get it right the first time so they went back to the V2C updated the vertical fin airfoil, perhaps the elevator and it got newly designed outer wing panels. I think I worked though my issues on that one, although I have not purchased a SH glider since.
waited 2.5 years for my first brand new glider and six weeks later it was the old model, !@#$%^&*((*&^
Old December 30th 19, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, December 30, 2019 at 3:29:34 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
OK, so what is the "x" in the Ventus line, e.g., V2cx
--
Dan, 5J

X included some updates to the V2. Biggest as I recall was a new thinner horizontal tail.
UH
Old December 30th 19, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

The x was similar but different for the a/b versus the c.

On the a/b it included: 1. New horizontal that was thinner. 2. Sharper leading edge on the vertical. 3. Maughmer 1 winglet to replace the Masak winglet.

On the c the same as a/b plus the outer panel on the 18m was changed from the 20 degree tip up to a tip with the Maughmer winglet.
Old December 30th 19, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It is important to make a difference between the Ventus 2 a/b and the c.

Differences Ventus 2a/Ventus 2ax:
-new horizontal stabilizer
-1. gen. maughmer Winglets(2. gen. is already available)

Differences Ventus 2b/Ventus 2bx:
-fuselage of Discus 2b(with 5" wheel)
-new horizontal stabilizer
-1. gen. maughmer Winglets

Differences Ventus 2c/Ventus 2cx:
-new horizontal stabilizer(iam not sure)
-1. gen. maughmer Winglets(2. gen. is already available)
-higher mtow of 600kg instead of 525kg)

Differences between DuoDiscus/DuoDiscus X:
-additional flapps in the inner side of wings which are combined with the brake flapps and which decrease speed.
-higher mtow of 750kg instead of 700kg

Lukas
Old December 30th 19, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It is important to make a difference between the Ventus 2 a/b and the c.

Differences Ventus 2a/Ventus 2ax:
-new horizontal stabilizer
-1. gen. maughmer Winglets(2. gen. is already available)

Differences Ventus 2b/Ventus 2bx:
-fuselage of Discus 2b(with 5" wheel)
-new horizontal stabilizer
-1. gen. maughmer Winglets

Differences Ventus 2c/Ventus 2cx:
-new horizontal stabilizer(iam not sure)
-1. gen. maughmer Winglets(2. gen. is already available)
-higher mtow of 600kg instead of 525kg)

Differences between DuoDiscus/DuoDiscus X:
-additional flapps in the inner side of wings which are combined with the brake flapps and which decrease speed.
-750kg mtow instead of 700kg
Old December 31st 19, 03:50 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
It is important to make a difference between the Ventus 2 a/b and the c.

Differences Ventus 2a/Ventus 2ax:
-new horizontal stabilizer
-1. gen. maughmer Winglets(2. gen. is already available)

Differences Ventus 2b/Ventus 2bx:
-fuselage of Discus 2b(with 5" wheel)
-new horizontal stabilizer
-1. gen. maughmer Winglets

Differences Ventus 2c/Ventus 2cx:
-new horizontal stabilizer(iam not sure)
-1. gen. maughmer Winglets(2. gen. is already available)
-higher mtow of 600kg instead of 525kg)

Differences between DuoDiscus/DuoDiscus X:
-additional flapps in the inner side of wings which are combined with the brake flapps and which decrease speed.
-750kg mtow instead of 700kg
The first X model Duos were still only 700kg mauw SH Technical Note No.
396-13 refers. There were c. 14 Duo X models before the change was made.
The X model also introduced winglets to the Duo and many earlier ones were subsequently retro fitted

The V2ax also got the same fin and rudder as the D2a

Last edited by Ventus_a : December 31st 19 at 06:06 AM.
Old December 31st 19, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

OUCH!

I also read the other changes in the following replies.Â* I guess one
would have to be a dedicated racer to buy a new ship.Â* Do date, I've not
owned a new aircraft.