SeeYou MOBILE v2.0!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 7th 04, 06:31 PM
Roy McMaster

Default SeeYou MOBILE v2.0!

MOBILE:

We are very pleased to inform you of the Internet availability of
SeeYou MOBILE Version 2.0 released June 30, 2004. There have been
significant improvements over the 2004 SSA Convention version and you
should go to the web site and download the free upgrade as soon as you
have an opportunity:

http://mobile.seeyou.ws/dload-mseeyou.php

Be sure you have your PDA in its cradle and Active Sync running to
facilitate the transfer and installation.

There is also a PDF version of the Manual released June 30, 2004 in
addition to the "On Screen" help within the program. You may find
benefit in printing the Manual and carefully reading it to more fully
comprehend all the power of version 2.0. I found it very useful.

http://mobile.seeyou.ws/dload-help.php

A significant concept, new to me, in MOBILE's moving map is using the
L/D as the measure of ability to get to a given point or airport. You
can set up two Nav Boxes on each map page with "Required L/D" and
"Current Achieved L/D". I place Current above Required and can easily
see my ability to make a given point and the safety margin. The
"Altitude Reserve" you specified on the Mc/Wind page is included in
the "Required L/D" calculation. You no longer need to think the
larger numbers of altitude and elevation, just what kind of L/D (two
digit numbers) you need compared with what you actually have. This
automatically corrects for estimated wind, bugs, water ballast and
sink!

Other outstanding features include automatic START with the time
displayed on the screen, Airspace Warnings and automatic logging of
the flight from the received GPS data, not the log in a logger memory.
Read the Manual so you don't miss the many important features so easy
to use once you know how to activate them.

SeeYou:

You should also be running SeeYou v2.7 for the latest MOBILE
Connection Wizard to easily transfer the desired Vector maps,
waypoints, airports and airspace into your PDA.

http://www.seeyou.ws/dload-seeyou.php

Be sure you select the "UPGRADE" or you will loose your personal
settings and registration key and have to reenter them.

Check your SeeYou waypoint database to verify if the runways are
properly aligned after removing the magnetic variation. That way they
will display in the proper orientation on MOBILE's maps. The World
Wide Turnpoint Exchange has a SeeYou.CUP version of each database
under the "Files Formatted for Downloading" section. See the example
for Harris Hill on the link below. You have to scroll down to

http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...ll//files.html

You can easily verify if your waypoint database in SeeYou has the
runway info or if you need to open and correct each point. If all the
runways are aligned North-South nothing has been done to correct the
database. You may also notice all are identified as PAVED RUNWAYS.

Good luck and contact Andrej or me if you need help. I know you will
spread the word once you start using it!

Roy McMaster
SeeYou© USA
265 Lew Storch Road
Elmira, NY 14903-9345
607-734-4308 Office
607-738-8444 Cell
607-734-4309 FAX

www.seeyou.ws
www.mobile.seeyou.ws
Lat. 42° 06.922'N, Long. 76° 53.832'W
Soaring Pilots use SeeYou and MOBILE!

Any LX5000, SeeYou Mobile & Downloader users ... Ted Wagner Soaring 2 April 4th 04 05:48 PM
Mobile SeeYou & Winpilot Ian Molesworth Soaring 8 March 25th 04 01:07 AM
SeeYou Mobile Robert Fidler Soaring 0 March 17th 04 04:18 PM
SeeYou Mobile question Greg Arnold Soaring 1 February 19th 04 04:24 PM
SeeYou mobile questions Andy Durbin Soaring 5 February 19th 04 12:16 AM