Cover thoughts

Old September 21st 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Cover thoughts

My current cover (Bruce's Custom) on the Sundowner is wearing out.

I currently have the extended version that reaches all the way down to
the wing root, but am considering the standard version. The standard
version extends only about 1/2 way down the door. The shorter, standard
version seems easier to install and remove than my current model, but
_may_ allow a bit of leakage at the bottom of the door.

Recommendations? Comments on your current cover?

Thanks!
Old September 22nd 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steve - KDMW

On Sep 21, 12:09 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
My current cover (Bruce's Custom) on the Sundowner is wearing out.

I currently have the extended version that reaches all the way down to
the wing root, but am considering the standard version. The standard
version extends only about 1/2 way down the door. The shorter, standard
version seems easier to install and remove than my current model, but
_may_ allow a bit of leakage at the bottom of the door.

Recommendations? Comments on your current cover?

Thanks!

Bruce's is very good about standing by their covers and should fix any
problems with your cover at no charge. Mine developed a tear on the
front where it was catching on the windscreen metal retaining strip
and they fixed it for nothing (save the shipping cost to send it to
them). Maybe you can get your old cover repaired?

Steve
PA28-151
KDMW

Old September 22nd 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:06:39 -0700, Steve - KDMW
wrote:

Maybe you can get your old cover repaired?

Ours is simply wearing out in several places from weather and use.

While we *could* call them. we feel as if we've gotten what we paid
for, and don't mind paying for another. The wear and tear honestly
doesn't seem to be a manufacturing defect.
Old September 22nd 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john hawkins

At last! An honest Man.
Diogenes can put his candle out
Very refreshing to see\

Old September 22nd 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y

FWIW, when the current cover was ~ 6 months old, it had a tearing
problem at the wing root, which Bruce's cheerfully fixed with a free
modification. We called Bruce's to inquire about a new one, and they
still have our original and modified measurements.

I had a boss who used to buy LL Bean shoes, wear them for a few years,
then exchange the worn out shoes under the guarantee. That really
isn't right. G
Old September 23rd 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Sep 21, 9:09 am, B A R R Y wrote:
My current cover (Bruce's Custom) on the Sundowner is wearing out.

I currently have the extended version that reaches all the way down to
the wing root, but am considering the standard version. The standard
version extends only about 1/2 way down the door. The shorter, standard
version seems easier to install and remove than my current model, but
_may_ allow a bit of leakage at the bottom of the door.

Recommendations? Comments on your current cover?

Thanks!

How old is it? Mine was showing a lot of wear after 5 years. I called
Bruce's and they replaced it for free. Bruce's is a great company and
I will use them everytime.

-Robert

Old September 24th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:25:17 -0000, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

How old is it?

8.
Old September 24th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Sep 23, 4:31 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:25:17 -0000, "Robert M. Gary"

wrote:

How old is it?

8.

It might be worth a call. You never know, I've had excellent service
from Bruce's. They may also offer you a deal.

787 thoughts Sally W Soaring 9 July 13th 07 09:55 PM
More 787 Thoughts David Pye[_2_] Soaring 2 July 13th 07 07:39 PM
My OSH thoughts Hilton Piloting 6 August 4th 05 10:03 PM
What are your thoughts on..... Ben Owning 46 March 23rd 04 03:50 PM
Your thoughts on this 150 please Paul Folbrecht Owning 8 March 19th 04 02:14 AM