So Whudj'all get for Christmas?

Old December 26th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default So Whudj'all get for Christmas?

For the plane, of course... ;-)

It was a year for tools, for me. Mary gave me a way cool mini-tool
kit, in a quality carrying case that folds down into a neat 8" x 12"
package. It's full of screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, a hammer --
all the stuff you might need in a pinch. Along with my socket set,
we'll have everything we might need on board for an emergency
repair...

For the hangar I got a nice rolling tool box, with locking drawers and
plenty of storage capacity. Our hangar workbench has slowly grown
into a mess over the years, and this will help to organize everything.

Was Santa good to you? Get any cool gadgets?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 26th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Marco Leon[_4_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
For the plane, of course... ;-)

For the hangar I got a nice rolling tool box, with locking drawers and
plenty of storage capacity. Our hangar workbench has slowly grown
into a mess over the years, and this will help to organize everything.

Was Santa good to you? Get any cool gadgets?

Not exactly for the plane but I got the new Saitek Flight Yoke and Rudder
pedals. The Yoke comes with a separate full-sized (well, for a Piper Warrior
at least) throttle quadrant with throttle, prop and mixture levers--in
color too. The yoke has a metal shaft and a nifty digital clock/timer on the
yoke itself. It takes the time from the PC which I thought was cool until I
realized it was a constant reminder of how late I was actually staying up.
Had the CH Products set before but realized how cheaply they were mad after
the rudders malfunctioned and I took it apart and saw wires the size of a
human hair (no wonder it broke). The Saiteks seem more rugged and are
noticably more accurate in my various simulators (MS FSX, X-Plane, and On
Top 9). I rarely fly them for pure pleasure but seem to always be doing
approaches so I regard the gift as flight-related.

I'm just glad Garmin didn't come out with a GPSMap 596 to make my 496 out of
date...

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Marco

Old December 26th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Jay Honeck wrote:

Get any cool gadgets?

A teevee remote I had to program thru the internet via USB...
Old December 27th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Dec 25, 7:19*pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
For the plane, of course... *;-)

It was a year for tools, for me. *Mary gave me a way cool mini-tool
kit, in a quality carrying case that folds down into a neat 8" x 12"
package. * It's full of screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, a hammer --
all the stuff you might need in a pinch. *Along with my socket set,
we'll have everything we might need on board for an emergency
repair...

For the hangar I got a nice rolling tool box, with locking drawers and
plenty of storage capacity. *Our hangar workbench has slowly grown
into a mess over the years, and this will help to organize everything.

Was Santa good to you? *Get any cool gadgets?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Not sure if it counts as Christmas but I got my O2 system fixed by
Aerox. I had to fly back from Albuqerque two weeks ago, over the
Sierras without O2. Not fun. Its a good thing it wasn't summer because
it can get damn bumpy down low in the summer.
Old December 27th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steve - KDMW

On Dec 25, 10:19*pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
For the plane, of course... *;-)

It was a year for tools, for me. *Mary gave me a way cool mini-tool
kit, in a quality carrying case that folds down into a neat 8" x 12"
package. * It's full of screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, a hammer --
all the stuff you might need in a pinch. *Along with my socket set,
we'll have everything we might need on board for an emergency
repair...

For the hangar I got a nice rolling tool box, with locking drawers and
plenty of storage capacity. *Our hangar workbench has slowly grown
into a mess over the years, and this will help to organize everything.

Was Santa good to you? *Get any cool gadgets?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

I got a new flap handle/trimwheel cover for the Warrior. The old one
was cracked.

Who else but an airplane owner would want a funny shaped piece of
plastic for Christmas?

Steve
PA28-151
KDMW

Old December 27th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steven Barnes

Thermal long johns & lots of warm clothes for teaching in the winter.
And now it's back into the 40s here...

Old December 27th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:28:18 -0800 (PST), Steve - KDMW
wrote:

Who else but an airplane owner would want a funny shaped piece of
plastic for Christmas?

Who else but an airplane owner would have friends and relatives who
are shocked to find out what said plastic costs?
Old December 27th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Not exactly for the plane but I got the new Saitek Flight Yoke and Rudder
pedals. The Yoke comes with a separate full-sized (well, for a Piper Warrior
at least) throttle quadrant with *throttle, prop and mixture levers--in
color too. The yoke has a metal shaft and a nifty digital clock/timer on the
yoke itself. It takes the time from the PC which I thought was cool until I
realized it was a constant reminder of how late I was actually staying up.
Had the CH Products set before but realized how cheaply they were mad after
the rudders malfunctioned and I took it apart and saw wires the size of a
human hair (no wonder it broke). The Saiteks seem more rugged and are
noticably more accurate in my various simulators (MS FSX, X-Plane, and On
Top 9). I rarely fly them for pure pleasure but seem to always be doing
approaches so I regard the gift as flight-related.

Cool! I've been looking at those for our Kiwi -- thanks for the
PIREP.

(Thank GOD "the Bunyip" hasn't discovered this newsgroup, yet -- or
he'd be ripping us a new you-know-what for talking about sims...)

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 27th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Get any cool gadgets?

A teevee remote I had to program thru the internet via USB...

???

What's *that* about?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 27th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Who else but an airplane owner would want a funny shaped piece of
plastic for Christmas?

Who else but an airplane owner would have friends and relatives who
are shocked to find out what said plastic costs?

ROTFL!

Hey, I bought myself a new "windlace" (a name I didn't know) for
around the door on our Cherokee for Christmas. (It's that rolled
edging that seals the door frame from the inside. Mine is original,
and cracked badly.)

No one in my family would have known what that was, or where to buy
it!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Christmas Eve LWG Piloting 0 December 25th 07 02:09 AM
Merry Christmas Dudley Henriques[_2_] Piloting 11 December 20th 07 04:17 PM
christmas soon... [email protected] Home Built 0 December 19th 07 12:42 PM
Christmas presents [email protected] Soaring 0 December 27th 04 06:26 PM
CGC Christmas Dinner Neil Goudie Soaring 0 November 10th 03 11:10 PM