Airsho / Fly-In Replies Requested

Old September 22nd 04, 03:56 AM
Amigo Airsho

Default Airsho / Fly-In Replies Requested

As previously announced (please see entire post below), the Amigo Airsho in
El Paso, TX is requesting responses from those interested in attending the
Fly-In / GA Expo to be held in conjunction with the Airsho. We are
especially interested in hosting those aviators from outside the immediate
region, and welcome your attendance. So that the Airsho may properly host
all that attend, please respond as soon as possible to the following e-mail
address with your intent to attend, type of aircraft, and number of persons:
Thank you, and we look forward to hosting you in El
Paso.

Previous announcement:

The Amigo Airsho will be adding a general aviation fly-in and learn-to-fly
expo area to this year's static displays. The Airsho is held annually in
sunny El Paso, TX at Biggs Army Airfield (KBIF), and typically draws an
average of 60,000 spectators, with a high attendance of 85,000. This year's
show will be the weekend of October 23, 24, and will feature the
Thunderbirds. At this time of year the weather is excellent in El Paso,
with sunny skies, temperatures in the high 70's to low 80's, and very light
winds.

To get an idea of the level of interest and possible number of fly-in
attendees, we are requesting that interested pilots and aircraft owners send
us a brief e-mail to
, and include GA Expo in the
subject
line. Please state the number in your party, type of aircraft, and special
needs. It is requested that attendees fly in on Friday, October 22nd or
before, and plan on staying until evening on Sunday, October 24th, or until
Monday the 25th. So that we may be a good host and adequately provide for
all who may attend, final attendance confirmation will be in the form of an
RSVP invitation to you.

As this will be the inaugural GA Expo event for the Airsho, we are planning
on making the experience as pleasant as possible for all fly-in attendees.
We are looking for pilots and aircraft owners who enjoy being around the
crowd and answering people's questions about what it's like to be a pilot,
and how to learn to fly. In return, the Airsho is planning making your
visit with us as comfortable as possible, including a shaded area and seats
alongside your airplane, a special welcome party just for the GA Expo
attendees (Mexican food !), help with accommodation arrangements at special
Airsho rates, and discounted fuel. Also, the Airsho traditionally holds a
very large party for all performers and static display attendees, military
and civilian alike, on the evening of the Friday before (October 22nd this
year). It's always a really good time, with friendly people, good food, and
live music.

Please express your interest in attending by replying to us at
, and be sure to include GA Expo in the subject line.
See
you in October in sunny El Paso !