HondaJet: Not A Steam Gage In Sight

Old October 19th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default HondaJet: Not A Steam Gage In Sight

http://world.honda.com/HondaJet/Styling/FlightDeck/
· All information, from flight and engine instrumentation to
navigation, communication, terrain and traffic data, is uniquely
integrated and digitally presented on the dual, large-format, high-
resolution primary flight displays and the multifunction display

· The HondaJet cockpit configuration provides a high degree of
integration for enhanced situational awareness, functionality, ease of
operation, redundancy, and flight safety.
Old October 19th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Larry Dighera posted:

http://world.honda.com/HondaJet/Styling/FlightDeck/
· All information, from flight and engine instrumentation to
navigation, communication, terrain and traffic data, is uniquely
integrated and digitally presented on the dual, large-format, high-
resolution primary flight displays and the multifunction display

· The HondaJet cockpit configuration provides a high degree of
integration for enhanced situational awareness, functionality, ease of
operation, redundancy, and flight safety.

It will be interesting to see how this one is FAA-certified. Power failure
would be a worst-case scenario, so I'd be surprised if this plane lacked
multiple power sources, but a lightning hit could be a problem.

Neil

Old October 19th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Larry Dighera writes:

http://world.honda.com/HondaJet/Styling/FlightDeck/
· All information, from flight and engine instrumentation to
navigation, communication, terrain and traffic data, is uniquely
integrated and digitally presented on the dual, large-format, high-
resolution primary flight displays and the multifunction display

I'll let someone else earn the red badge of courage flying this
aircraft. After twenty years, if there haven't been too many
accidents, maybe it can be considered safe.

I notice in the photo gallery, the only mention of safety shows a
photo of an emergency exit. There are zillions of pictures of the
cabin, but only one of the flight deck. Clearly, the audience is the
rich businessman and the pilots are merely servants.

The HondaJet cockpit configuration provides a high degree of
integration for enhanced situational awareness, functionality, ease of
operation, redundancy, and flight safety.

I don't know about the last part, but time will tell.

When did Honda become a significant name in aviation?

Old October 19th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
news

I don't know about the last part, .......

Truer words have never been written.

When did Honda become a significant name in aviation?

Pretty much the day they said they were going to build an airplane. Thought
it could be argued it was when they said they were going to build an
airplane engine.

Old October 19th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
I'll let someone else earn the red badge of courage flying this
aircraft. After twenty years, if there haven't been too many
accidents, maybe it can be considered safe.

Numbnuts, you let someone else earn the red badge of current flying ANY
aircraft.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old October 20th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bucky

Neil Gould wrote:
It will be interesting to see how this one is FAA-certified. Power failure
would be a worst-case scenario, so I'd be surprised if this plane lacked
multiple power sources, but a lightning hit could be a problem.

I thought modern jets don't have steam gauges as backups anymore.

Old October 20th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On 19 Oct 2006 16:15:29 -0700, "Bucky" wrote in
.com:

Neil Gould wrote:
It will be interesting to see how this one is FAA-certified. Power failure
would be a worst-case scenario, so I'd be surprised if this plane lacked
multiple power sources, but a lightning hit could be a problem.

I thought modern jets don't have steam gauges as backups anymore.

What do you do when the electrical system fails?

Old October 20th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Neil Gould wrote:
It will be interesting to see how this one is FAA-certified. Power failure
would be a worst-case scenario, so I'd be surprised if this plane lacked
multiple power sources, but a lightning hit could be a problem.

I thought modern jets don't have steam gauges as backups anymore.

What do you do when the electrical system fails?

Peanut gauges are electric, but they have their own power, independent
supply.
Old October 20th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Larry Dighera wrote:
What do you do when the electrical system fails?

Kiss your arse good-bye!.

Old October 20th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Mortimer Schnerd, RN writes:

Numbnuts, you let someone else earn the red badge of current flying ANY
aircraft.

Some aircraft are safer than others.