cambridge 302 and 303

Old December 31st 04, 06:23 PM
edwin

Default cambridge 302 and 303

Wo is using these instruments, and what are your experiences?

Thanks in advance,
Edwin

Old December 31st 04, 09:19 PM
Eric Greenwell

edwin wrote:
Wo is using these instruments, and what are your experiences?

This discussion occurs periodically. Try a Google search for these
postings to get a good start on answering your question. After that,
coming back here with your unanswered questions would likely get the
remaining answers you need.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old January 1st 05, 12:51 AM
Mal.com

If no one plays with the settings it works very well takes some time to
learn how to drive it.

http://www.mals.net/ncw04/pages/Picture%20089.htm

http://www.cambridge-aero.com/

http://www.cambridge-aero.com/300series.htm

Old January 1st 05, 08:02 PM
edwin

Of course I looked at google. I know what the instruments functions are. I
just want the opinion from someone who using it (how is for example the
factory support, i'sent for example a mail to them a week ago, but no answer
yet).

Old January 1st 05, 08:55 PM
Eric Greenwell

edwin wrote:

Of course I looked at google. I know what the instruments functions are. I
just want the opinion from someone who using it (how is for example the
factory support, i'sent for example a mail to them a week ago, but no answer
yet).

I assume you are replying to my post, but it's easier for me if you
quote at least some of my post, so I can be sure. I generally don't view
the entire thread, nor is my ISP meticulous about posting hierarchies!

The Google search I was referring to was a search of this newsgroup
(using Google's Groups function), which would give you many opinions of
those using the 302. For example, this search of rec.aviation.soaring
for "302" in the subject gave 64 results:

http://tinyurl.com/3kxbf

These results include your posting today, and go back to a May 31, 2001,
posting. THese are a good place to start, perhaps with the newest and
working your way back as far as you'd like.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old January 1st 05, 09:06 PM
Mark Zivley

It works really well. Send your task to the 302, fly the flight, and
download afterwards is easy. Whether you declare a flight or not it
always records every flight. The vario works very well and the speed to
fly does what it should. It's nice to have the altimeter on the 302 and
when combined w/ Glide Navigator II it's powerful enough, and not overly
complicated. Of course you can use any software you like. We do not
have the 303 and really haven't missed it. ENL design works just fine
if you have a motorglider.

CAI have been through some turmoil, but I think they are reasonably
solid given what they have been through.

Mark

Old January 2nd 05, 07:55 AM
edwin

Thanks, now I found what you mean. This is what i was looking for.

"Eric Greenwell" schreef in bericht

Old January 9th 05, 01:02 AM
Jim Kelly

If no one plays with the settings

In practice, this is impossible. It only has one rotary knob
which services at least ten pages of functions - only one of
which is volume. The first time one turns on the glider power the
vario will scream . . a punter will reach for the vario's
'volume' knob, give it a twist, no matter what page it is on,
etc, etc. To make it worse, the way to change pages is to press
the knob - and this function was faulty on the new unit that I
have used . . . Of course the 'double-click' to get back to the
'home' page failed as well . . .

Not a good device unless *all* pilots are prepared to learn how
to use it properly, which includes not 'fiddling' (and you get a
good unit).

Jim Kelly

Old January 9th 05, 08:55 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Jim,

It would seem to me that the failure of the pushbutton to work was caused by
a poor installation - which is easy to fix by removing and re-attaching the
knob. It may not be fair to blame the manufacturer for that.

Paul Remde

Old January 9th 05, 11:44 PM
Jim Kelly

Good point Paul but that was my first reaction too, and I did go
to the trouble of ensuring that the knob was not fouling the
panel. Can't believe such an obvious fault was not picked up in
QA, along with a series of others.

Jim