more TV pictures

Old December 7th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default more TV pictures

Two more TV programs with gliders in them:

The video "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"...
http://home.comcast.net/~johan.larso...reen.html#EWRW

....and an episode of Nancy Drew from the seventies:
http://home.comcast.net/~johan.larso...creen.html#MDT

A 2-33 and a 2-32; not what I would choose for looks. Interestingly,
the 2-32 is still registered thirty years later.

Johan Larson

Old December 7th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Byars

I seem to recall a British program with a glider dropping cannon balls on a
boat full of bad guys. It had side by side seating, but I forget the type.
A Caproni perhaps.

Any of our friends across the pond remember this one?

Guy

ps.com...

Old December 8th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Here are mo

The TV show "Cannon" with William Conrad. If I recall correctly, they
squeezed Cannon into a Caproni.

There was a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits where a glider disappears but
returns many years later being flown by a skeleton. I have tried to
find out more about this show but have not been successful. I'm sure I
didn't dream it.

Also, I was in Best Buy the other day and there was a display for the
Sony HD handicam that had glider footage showing the improved image of
HD. This is a great way to get exposure for the sport.

Steve

Old December 8th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Welsh Druid

It was a Slingsby Capstan. As you rightly say, a side by side two seater. I
believe some of the filming was done from the Cornish Gliding Club at
Perranporth, an airfield right by the sea cliffs.
http://members.aol.com/cornglide/page1.htm

Old December 11th 06, 10:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:
That's got to be it. No wonder I couldn't find anything on the net
about it -- I was looking at the wrong shows. One Step Beyond is
available on DVD so if anyone has seen it, they can confirm. Or I'll
have to buy the DVD myself -- it's a great episode!

Steve

Here are mo

The TV show "Cannon" with William Conrad. If I recall correctly, they
squeezed Cannon into a Caproni.

There was a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits where a glider disappears but
returns many years later being flown by a skeleton. I have tried to
find out more about this show but have not been successful. I'm sure I
didn't dream it.

Could it have been a show named "One Step Beyond" ? It has an episode
titled "Reunion" with this description on TV.com: "German glider
enthusiasts plan to meet the first weekend after WWII ends."

Johan Larson

Folks, it was a long time ago, 1962, I doubled for Lassie and flew a
2-32 at Agua Dulce, then later a 1-26 for Lassie over the San Andreas
fault. A commercial for a Ford in
1972 was done at Lake Elsinore. It had advertisements in National
Geographic.That stuff along with so many others already mentioned fuled
a really big growth in soaring.. I flew with Wm. Conrad in a 2-32.
Heavy wing loading and fast! With the very pretty ships that exist now,
maybe something anew could start.

Old December 11th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

"Reunion" from "One Step Beyond" TV show - a cool 30 min. episode
featuring a Frankfort Cinema glider. Probably filmed near Los Angeles.

A popular film during my "Soaring Movie Night" at our Marfa Soaring
Camps last year.

Don't forget "Goofy's Glider" (1940) - the first of the Disney
cartoons, where Goofy learns to fly, golf, play baseball, etc. Color.
10 min. Cartoon, but well researched - good narration.
"Count to 10 - Pull string" is the lesson on using a parachute. A
"must have" among us soaring media collectors. Available on DVD as a
segment from the "Goofy" Disney compilation.

Burt
Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Could it have been a show named "One Step Beyond" ? It has an episode
titled "Reunion" with this description on TV.com: "German glider
enthusiasts plan to meet the first weekend after WWII ends."

Johan Larson

I need your process pictures [email protected] Soaring 1 February 3rd 06 05:58 PM
What camera for pictures from a glider cockpit? Eric Greenwell Soaring 34 December 10th 05 06:19 AM
Oshkosh Pictures Marv Home Built 2 August 2nd 05 01:14 AM
Pictures Showing WWII Rotary Engine Crankshaft Arrangements: Where, Please ? Bob Military Aviation 8 November 8th 03 06:08 PM
Pictures taken at World Aerobatic Championships last week in Florida Dave Swartz Aerobatics 0 July 11th 03 03:11 AM