For Designing, Author/Books?

Old December 8th 04, 04:43 AM

Default For Designing, Author/Books?

Dear Sirs:

I am designing a flying motorcycle under FAA part 103 (ultralight
airvehicle) and have found "Simplified Propellers For Low Speed Home
Built Aircraft" And "Ultra-light aircraft Design" by R. W. Hovey
as well as Dan Raymer's "Simplified Aircraft Design for
Homebuilders" to be quite useful.

Raymer's book can be gotten online at most any book source for around
$40 (our public library has a copy also) but Hovey's books are from
the 70's and are out of print and difficult to find.

Inquires at various aviation interests such as EAA produced no leads
finding Hovey's books, but if anyone wants to know, Inter-library
loan located copies at UC library in Sacramento, CA; and at a Portland,
OR; community college.

Those wishing to get started in designing their own creations would do
well to check these books out as a starting point, and also to have a
look at WWW.Roadabletimes.com for the many aircraft designed to fly,
land, fold wings; thereby become motor vehicles for travel on public
roads, once reaching their destination airport.

Hopefully, with the required information in these books, I will be able
to finish my design work and get down to actual construction, after
first finishing my dome-shaped, greenhouse/hangar/workshop. (presently
hampered by lousy weather)

Anybody who knows of useful design/construction books, please do not
hesitate to post; I am surely open to and appreciate your knowledge,
suggestions and experience.

Brad Cobb

Old December 8th 04, 02:01 PM
Dave Schneider

Thanks for the references. Please keep me posted on anything else you
find. I will do the same.

My application is a solid wing sail for an ice boat.

Dave

oups.com...