Greetings from your friendly, neighborhood, TERRORIST!

Old October 12th 04, 01:56 PM
John Harlow

There is a "statistical center" of political views that the Yale
study most likely used to determine their results. This has
nothing to do with what you or I believe, if it's done properly.

All this does is show a statistical center of an opinion, which by
definition is not necessarily correct.

Hmmm. A statistical center of opinion "by definition is not
necessarily correct". Right up there with "There are absolutely no
absolutes". Monkeys at typewriters could produce more logical
coherency than most of what's been posted in this thread by the left.

What I treid to point out is all the study "discovered" was the compilation
of the personal opinions of the interviewees. "Opinions" are simply that;
not "facts".

Here's another way to think about it:

As most people believe in Christianity, does that make it the "correct"
religion?

(source: http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mreligio.html )

Old October 12th 04, 03:02 PM
Ron Natalie

Paul wrote:

a very brief period of time he was out on the pretext that they wanted
to bring some fresh "perspectives" to the program. And now, of
course, he is on XM radio
and me being a Sirius subscriber, I no longer hear him.

Oh well, I guess you'll have to live with Howard Stern.

Old October 12th 04, 03:14 PM
Wdtabor

In article , "G.R. Patterson III"
writes:

"Our results show a very significant liberal bias....."

This month's "Atlantic" contained an article which touched on why. The author
pointed
out that almost all members of the media are well educated and paid well
above the
middle class. In addition, the industry is centered around the East Coast. As
individuals, they have the liberal bias prevalent in their class of people,
and this
shows in their work.

I have a different theory.

Engineering, technology, medicine and other rigorous degree paths require
advanced math.

You can get a journalism degree with almost no math.

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL

Old October 13th 04, 06:16 AM
Paul Sengupta

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
You should also hook up to out of state sources ... like BBC or the

like.
Just to have a broader perspective.

Actually, BBC is on our local NPR news station every day.

They're great till they get to the worldwide cricket scores...

You'd love the shipping forecast on Radio 4.

Paul

Old October 17th 04, 01:45 AM
Jay Honeck

Actually, BBC is on our local NPR news station every day.

They're great till they get to the worldwide cricket scores...

You'd love the shipping forecast on Radio 4.

"Shipping forecast"?

What's that, a weather forecast for the English Channel? The North
Atlantic?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 17th 04, 11:03 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Actually, BBC is on our local NPR news station every day.

They're great till they get to the worldwide cricket scores...

You'd love the shipping forecast on Radio 4.

"Shipping forecast"?

What's that, a weather forecast for the English Channel? The North
Atlantic?

Pretty much the sea all around the British Isles.

I'll record it for you and e-mail it...

Paul

Old October 17th 04, 11:57 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Actually, BBC is on our local NPR news station every day.

They're great till they get to the worldwide cricket scores...

You'd love the shipping forecast on Radio 4.

"Shipping forecast"?

What's that, a weather forecast for the English Channel? The North
Atlantic?

Actually:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/shipping.shtml

You have it in text format, but for maximum effect, click on the
bit which says: "Click to listen to the shipping forecast".

The one at 00:48 is followed by the forecast for inshore waters:
http://www.met-office.gov.uk/datafiles/inshore.html

All together it goes on from 00:48 until 01:00. 12 minutes of weird
names and numbers. You could always click on "Listen Live" at 00:48
British Summer Time (23:48 UTC). From typing this, this is in just under
an hour. Can't listen to Real Audio stuff on my work connection (behind
a firewall) so can't tell you if the forecast after 01:00 on the web also
includes the inshore waters.

Info on interpreting the shipping forecast:
http://www.met-office.gov.uk/leisure...ing/index.html

Shipping forecast areas are he
http://www.met-office.gov.uk/leisure/shiparea.html
Inshore waters forecast points are he
http://www.met-office.gov.uk/leisure/iswfplace.html
Wind is in Beaufort scale values.
http://www.met-office.gov.uk/educati.../beaufort.html

Some more information on the shipping forecast towards the end
of this article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1798629.stm

Paul

"Friendly fire" Mike Naval Aviation 3 April 6th 04 06:07 PM
"Friendly fire" Mike Military Aviation 0 March 19th 04 02:36 PM
B-52 crew blamed for friendly fire death Paul Hirose Military Aviation 0 March 16th 04 12:49 AM
U.S. won't have to reveal other friendly fire events: Schmidt's lawyers hoped to use other incidents to help their case Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 18th 03 08:44 PM