Gloom

Old June 23rd 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Gloom

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

El Maximo writes:

Do you know this from personal knowledge, or are you extrapolating
again?

Extrapolating, like the post to which I responded.

Too easy

Bertie
Old June 23rd 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Thomas Borchert wrote in
:

Mxsmanic,

Friends

A good one!

Maybe there's an aerospace character in 'the Sims'

Bertie
Old June 25th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

Helen wrote:

Piper's future in piston GA may be doomed, but certainly GA itself. The
LSA market will see to that.

Helen

I don't see LSA as the savior of GA.

Ron Lee
Old July 7th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Taylor Hughes

Larry Dighera wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:06:38 -0700, Jay Honeck
wrote in . com:

[Report of low attendance at the Cherokee Pilots Association national
fly-in snipped]

Thanks for the data point.

As I recall, the cost of fuel makes up the major portion of the cost
of aircraft ownership and operation.

You've never owned an airplane, have you?

As long as the government continues to subsidize profiteering oil
companies, and fails to impose a windfall profits tax and/or price
controls as was done in the '70s, the cost of living will increase in
proportion to the obscene oilmens' profits. And don't forget, that
our government is letting our currency, the US dollar, continue its
plunge in value, thus further reducing the purchasing power of US
workers. So while baby Bush and the sheiks hug and kiss, the American
populace loses ground on the financial front, and Halliburton moves to
Dubai to escape taxation on their non-competitive government contract
profits.

Umm, sorry to break up your little tantrum with facts, but Halliburton is
moving to Dubai because that is where the oil is today. That's exactly
what happened when the oil companies moved their headquarters to Texas.
Profits made from U.S. of America will still be taxed by U.S. of America,
just like any other company in the world. What specific companies would
you like to see contracted instead?

Welcome to the land of government of the people, by the corporations,
and for the corporations. And thanks for voting for that sniveling
nepotistic who is squandering our hard earned tax dollars at the rate
of $3 billion a week on a pointless war while irrationally supporting
the right of a zygote to Constitutional protections,

irrationally
obstructing embryonic stem cell research

Relax. There are bans on stem cell research. There are only bans on
using federal tax dollars, which a few phrases above you were claiming
were being spent too often anyway.

Old July 7th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Taylor Hughes

wrote in . com:

[...]

Oops, should read, there are no bans on doing stem cell research, doh!