Cirrus Lands via Parachute in Nantucket

Old August 23rd 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Doug Semler

Default Cirrus Lands via Parachute in Nantucket

On Aug 23, 12:35 pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:53:12 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in
:

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:55:39 -0400, "Doug Semler"
wrote in
:

Ghe Usenet has become so full of crap these days, noone even
recognizes simple things like rot13 anymore. Sad, isn't it?

That's not because Usenet is FOC. It's because MS's news reader
doesn't require that readers first visit news.announce.newusers before
they can participate as was the case of pre-Windows, Unix based news
clients.

You can't blame MS for that. I was never forced to visit
news.announce.newusers when I first accessed USNET via a telnet connection
back in the 80's and a Mac didn't require it when I first accessed one in
the early 90's.

What news client software did you use via telnet?

Usenet was created under the Unix operating system. Have you ever
used rn or trn?* They forced a visit to news.announce.newusers when
initially run.

IIRC xrn (what I started out with) also forced you to go to it...

Old August 23rd 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:08:15 -0700, Doug Semler
wrote in .com:

IIRC xrn (what I started out with) also forced you to go to it...

I'm not familiar with xrn. Was that also a Larry Wall creation?

Old August 24th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Doug Semler

wrote in .com:

IIRC xrn (what I started out with) also forced you to go to it...

I'm not familiar with xrn. Was that also a Larry Wall creation?

xrn is an X11 front end to rn (using the Athena widget set). I can't
remember offhand whether it compiled in rn's nntp code or if it acted as a
front end to the rn and sent the results to its widgets.

--
Doug Semler, MCPD
a.a. #705, BAAWA. EAC Guardian of the Horn of the IPU (pbuhh).

Old August 24th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Doug Semler

"Doug Semler" wrote in message
news:_4CdndoC6K71oFPbnZ2dnUVZ_tijnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

xrn is an X11 front end to rn (using the Athena widget set). I can't
remember offhand whether it compiled in rn's nntp code or if it acted as a
front end to the rn and sent the results to its widgets.

(I hate to reply to my own messages, but come to think of it, xrn was a
front end to trn (*threaded* readnews), not rn).

Old August 25th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:27:25 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 19:16:56 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote in
:

I do know the pilot and passenger are still alive and to me
that is all that matters.

The non-instrument rated pilot received serious injuries as a result
of his telling ATC he was able to fly the Rnwy 25 ILS approach. Why
he chose to do that, rather than divert to another destination, is
anybody's guess at this point.

Hey! I got a parachute on this thing, if anything goes wrong we just
pull the red handel.

Customs at KACK (Nantucket)? [email protected] Piloting 4 July 9th 06 05:42 PM
Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket Paul Owning 9 February 20th 06 10:39 PM
N1 lands in BED: Bush Piloting 50 February 17th 06 08:16 AM
Ack and Back-Plane Headed To Nantucket Missing: Bushleague Piloting 5 December 5th 05 01:22 PM
Nantucket airport John S Piloting 7 November 4th 04 07:32 PM