OK, what the hell has happened to the Brits?

Old December 31st 03, 12:05 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
ackatyu (Wdtabor) wrote:

What the hell happened to the people who won the Battle of Britain?

most of them are have passed away.

--
Bob Noel
Old December 31st 03, 03:55 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Teacherjh wrote:

If the bullet hits the s in at a shallow angle, there will be much less force
perpendicular to the skin, and it will be less likely to be punctured. The
bullet will just ricochet.

I think you've confused the skin of an aircraft with that of an armoured personel
carrier. It won't ricochet off a car, much less a plane. Still, the usual pistol
round is unlikely to do much damage unless it hits a structural frame just right
or hits equipment (such as an engine) outside the cabin.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old December 31st 03, 04:44 AM
tony roberts

What the hell happened to the people who won the Battle of Britain?

most of them are have passed away.

Those that haven't have been made airmarshalls.
apart from being 90 years old, suffering from Alzheimers and wearing
diapers they fill the role (and the diaper) very well.

So - are we all feeling safer yet?
I would be very comfortable knowing that one of them was on my flight -
as long as he wasn't sitting next to me

Why is everyone scared of being on the same plane as a guy wirth a gun?
A guy with an Almanac - that is reallllly scary.
Two Almanacs? Run - it's Billy The Kid.
They used to ask if you packed your own bags, or if you had a suitcase
bomb or a pair of nailclippers.
Now they ask the best date to plant wheat in Idaho.
If you answer it correctly they send in the swat team.

Isn't it just slightly possible, that at some time, someone, somewhere
lost their direction? Sure as hell seems like it from where I'm sitting.

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old December 31st 03, 04:54 AM
Ed

Check out skin thickness on a passenger jet as you enter the door. Jose's
answer is more likely correct. But in any case I'd rather take a chance on
that than knowing the terrorist controls the p lane and we will all be blown
to bits against his target, or shot down by a fighter. No other options,
old chap, unless some of the passengers are armed. There, I prefer air
marshals or myself.
EGB
"Teacherjh" wrote in message

I have seen it said that a bullet hole through the skin would not
cause explosive decompression. I can believe that is true if it is a
small hole, from relatively perpendicular to the skin. What if the
bullet was at a shallow angle to the skin however, as if it had been
fired along the cabin? Then I would imagine the hole would be more
like a long tear, and explosive decompression seems more likely.

If the bullet hits the s in at a shallow angle, there will be much less

force
perpendicular to the skin, and it will be less likely to be punctured.

The
bullet will just ricochet.

Jose

Old December 31st 03, 06:31 AM
StellaStar

armed security guard on a flight, citing the danger of a gunshot in a
pressurized airliner.

Would you, as PIC, be comfortable flying an airplane where a passenger
who is absolutely unknown to you is armed while you yourself are
unarmed?

Michael has a point; are the armed security guards going to be of the quality
of mall rent-a-cops and other police academy failed wannabes?

Old December 31st 03, 02:35 PM
Wdtabor

In article , Martin Hotze
writes:

I avoid everybody carrying a weapon. And as long as I can decide it (!)
nobody with a weapon is entering my house, my office or sitting in my car.
And I turn away from everybody carrying a weapon, I also avoid beeing too
close to cops carrying a weapon.

That works only so long as you do not encounter anyone who doesn't care what
you decide. But from that point on, you are either his slave or dead.

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 31st 03, 02:35 PM
Wdtabor

In article , Andrew Rowley
writes:

(Wdtabor) wrote:

What the hell happened to the people who won the Battle of Britain?

Are you saying those who do not carry guns are afraid, and those
carrying guns brave? It seems the other way round to me.

Those who will defend their lives and those of others are brave and those who
depend on the good will of monsters or the bravery of others for their safety
are cowards.

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 31st 03, 02:35 PM
Wdtabor

In article , "Ed"
writes:

Check out skin thickness on a passenger jet as you enter the door. Jose's
answer is more likely correct. But in any case I'd rather take a chance on
that than knowing the terrorist controls the p lane and we will all be blown
to bits against his target, or shot down by a fighter. No other options,
old chap, unless some of the passengers are armed. There, I prefer air
marshals or myself.

I am surprised so many people cannot see that.

They are so concerned about the unlikely possibility that a stray bullet might
hit them, or something critical, in a shootout with a terrorist, but they are
oblivious to the fact that if that shootout does not take place and the
terrorist succeeds, their death, and many others, are certain.

They give firearms magical powers not supported by reason.

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL