Greetings from your friendly, neighborhood, TERRORIST!

Old September 27th 04, 11:20 PM
Peter R.

Default Greetings from your friendly, neighborhood, TERRORIST!

Nomen Nescio wrote:

"You have to leave, NOW, sir!", he replied sternly.

Now this brings up an interesting question. Are we, as US citizens on
public land during peacetime, required to abide by the orders of
military personnel?

On what grounds did he have authority over your actions and location?

--
Peter

Old September 27th 04, 11:35 PM
C J Campbell

"Peter R." wrote in message
Nomen Nescio wrote:

"You have to leave, NOW, sir!", he replied sternly.

Now this brings up an interesting question. Are we, as US citizens on
public land during peacetime, required to abide by the orders of
military personnel?

On what grounds did he have authority over your actions and location?

None whatsoever. Nor did he have authority to take pictures.

Old September 27th 04, 11:37 PM
John Harlow

Were you in a "no parking" zone?

Old September 28th 04, 12:32 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Nomen Nescio ] said:
So, now, Folks, .....somewhere in Washington, in some little file, there
are probably
twenty seven 8x10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph
on the back of each one explaining what each one was, to be used as
evidence against
me.

But you can get anything you want at Barnes Airport. Except freedom.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Real Time, adj.:
Old September 28th 04, 12:36 AM
Ronald Gardner

I'd tell him to go get his Col. and bring him out to me so I could explain the US
Constitution to him and ask him what law I was braking. After 27 years in the military the
one thing I know is that someone sent him out who probably doesn't have a clue as to what
they have legal authority over. Demanding to see the commander at the fence would either
shut them right up, or you would find out there was a no local ordinance. I'd bet on him
leaving and not coming back.

Old September 28th 04, 01:49 AM
Bob Fry

during peacetime

Haven't you heard? We're at war. We'll know when it's over when
Dumya tells us.

Osama Bin Forgotton
Old September 28th 04, 01:53 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Nomen Nescio ] said:
Well, I guess I made the list of suspected terrorists, this weekend.

At least you didn't commit the "crime" of photographing a bridge while
black. See http://69.93.170.43/

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Why are we hiding from the police, mommy?"

Old September 28th 04, 05:42 AM
C J Campbell

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
What authority is needed to take pictures?

There are privacy laws in most states prohibiting people taking pictures of
you if you don't want them taken, especially if the pictures are being taken
as a form of intimidation or some other threat such as embarrassment. I
don't know about Massachusetts but across the state line in New York the
privacy laws are very strict indeed. Courts have held that celebrities must
have a lower expectation of privacy, but even then the celeb's image cannot
be used to promote a product or service without permission. After all, the
only real asset many celebrities have is their image, and it is not fair to
allow just anyone to make commercial use of it.

Old September 28th 04, 05:56 AM
Montblack

("Paul Tomblin" wrote)
At least you didn't commit the "crime" of photographing a bridge while
black. See http://69.93.170.43/

"My dear fellow! This isn't Spain ... this is England!"
A Man For All Seasons (1966)
Winner of six Academy Awards - including Best Picture

Montblack

"Friendly fire" Mike Naval Aviation 3 April 6th 04 06:07 PM
"Friendly fire" Mike Military Aviation 0 March 19th 04 02:36 PM
B-52 crew blamed for friendly fire death Paul Hirose Military Aviation 0 March 16th 04 12:49 AM
U.S. won't have to reveal other friendly fire events: Schmidt's lawyers hoped to use other incidents to help their case Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 18th 03 08:44 PM