On-field places to eat

Old October 9th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

Default On-field places to eat

I know this has been done before, but has anyone thought about putting
together another list of on-field places to eat?
JP took everyone's input and used it for his own profit.

I would be willing to recreate a website listing for free (always free) if
there was enough input.
Has anyone else looked into this? I really do miss being able to check out
the different airports
and seeing which ones offer food.

Yes I know that Airnav does have it to a certain extent, but you have to go
airport by airport.

David - KGYH

Old October 9th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
OP

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 21:00:06 -0400, "FLAV8R"
wrote:

I know this has been done before, but has anyone thought about putting
together another list of on-field places to eat?
JP took everyone's input and used it for his own profit.

I would be willing to recreate a website listing for free (always free) if
there was enough input.
Has anyone else looked into this? I really do miss being able to check out
the different airports
and seeing which ones offer food.

Yes I know that Airnav does have it to a certain extent, but you have to go
airport by airport.

David - KGYH

Sure, I'd be interested. You'd have to list them state by state to
minimize th hunting time. Also some kind of rating system. Yeah, I
know, one persons 9 is another's 5, but at least it's a ball park
number. Many flight guides will tell you if there is a restaurant
on field, but they don't rate them. Also, critical, is the date the
visit was made. Many of the on field restaurants out here tend to
change hands frequently with varying results in quality.

Ron

Old October 9th 06, 08:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

http://www.94thaerosquadron.signonsandiego.com/ and
many other airports too.

Old October 9th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Here's Wisconsin's "Points of Interest near Wisconsin Airports" list

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z17C23EED

Old October 9th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 8-Oct-2006, OP wrote:

Also, critical, is the date the
visit was made. Many of the on field restaurants out here tend to
change hands frequently with varying results in quality.

Ron

That's the main reason I recently dropped my membership in the Hundred
Dollar Hamburger site. I sent in a review and put in dates and times I
visited, and Mr. Purner stripped those from my review. He did not respond to
my protestations. Without knowing how old the other reviews were, the
information seems pretty worthless to me. When I decided not to renew, I
wrote an e-mail to Mr. Purner telling him that was a major reason among
several other reasons why I was dropping my membership, and he only
responded to the other reasons I gave him, this one he ignored.
Scott Wilson
Old October 10th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

Well I'm currently working on a shell that would be the framework for a
"Always Free" site.

I too gave him many reviews and pictures that I took of the different places
I visited.
And now I'm forced to pay for what I gave for free, not realizing at the
time that it would become a pay-per-view site.
I just hope that others will have faith in me and not be reluctant to supply
there favorite watering holes, restaurants and
such.

I have much of Central Florida covered from my own flying experiences but I
will need the help of others
for much of the rest of the country.

Here is a glimpse of what I'm working on
http://www.aviatordave.com/eatery/States001.html
keep in mind that it is a work in progress with much tweaking to be done.

And suggestions or ideas can be sent to dlopez8aATyahooDOTcommmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

David - KGYH formerly of KORL

wrote in message
t...

Old October 10th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Barker

"FLAV8R" wrote in message
[...]

wrote in message
t...

On 8-Oct-2006, OP wrote:

Also, critical, is the date the
visit was made. Many of the on field restaurants out here tend to
change hands frequently with varying results in quality.

Ron

That's the main reason I recently dropped my membership in the Hundred
Dollar Hamburger site. I sent in a review and put in dates and times I
visited, and Mr. Purner stripped those from my review. He did not respond
my protestations. Without knowing how old the other reviews were, the
information seems pretty worthless to me. When I decided not to renew, I
wrote an e-mail to Mr. Purner telling him that was a major reason among
several other reasons why I was dropping my membership, and he only
responded to the other reasons I gave him, this one he ignored.
Scott Wilson

Good start. Wouldn't work in Firefox, but did with IE...

Old October 10th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Beavis[_1_]

In article ,
"Robert Barker" wrote:

Good start. Wouldn't work in Firefox, but did with IE...

Looks like a neat idea, but the HTML is completely broken. (If it'll
only work in IE and nothing else, that's a good clue that it's screwed
up.)

Start he

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...dave.com%2Feat
ery%2FStates001.html

Write to standards, and *every* browser can parse it. Writing only for
(the very non-compliant) IE is a recipe for disaster.
Old October 10th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C. Massey

"Beavis" wrote in message
In article ,
"Robert Barker" wrote:

Good start. Wouldn't work in Firefox, but did with IE...

Looks like a neat idea, but the HTML is completely broken. (If it'll
only work in IE and nothing else, that's a good clue that it's screwed
up.)

Start he

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...dave.com%2Feat
ery%2FStates001.html

Write to standards, and *every* browser can parse it. Writing only for
(the very non-compliant) IE is a recipe for disaster.

Works fine in Opera, but I do agree. Make sure it is compatible with all of
the browsers...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0641-0, 10/10/2006
Tested on: 10/10/2006 10:18:15 AM

Old October 11th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"C. Massey" wrote in message
. net...

"Beavis" wrote in message
In article ,
"Robert Barker" wrote:

Good start. Wouldn't work in Firefox, but did with IE...

Looks like a neat idea, but the HTML is completely broken. (If it'll
only work in IE and nothing else, that's a good clue that it's screwed
up.)

Start he

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...dave.com%2Feat
ery%2FStates001.html

Write to standards, and *every* browser can parse it. Writing only for
(the very non-compliant) IE is a recipe for disaster.

Works fine in Opera, but I do agree. Make sure it is compatible with all

of
the browsers...

Good argument for pure HTML and/or pure JAVA.

Peter