Raptor Smurfs

Old April 1st 04, 12:29 PM
John Cook

Default Raptor Smurfs

Hi all

My friend has sent me an interesting page from a mag, The front page
is missing but the author is :-

C Lyons - 10200 N VIRGINIA ST, RENO, NV 89506
Phone: (775) 677-1101

I just scanned a picture in it.........., it shows two interesting
additions to the F-22...

Major Ian Gottcher is quoted the text :-.

'The airfoils are made from a fibrous blue kevlar type material which
move up into the airflow when certain flight conditions are met, this
creates a pair of vortexs across the back of the Aircraft which
interacts with the vertical tail planes to aid in control and
stabalisation'

The maintainence crews apparently call the fins 'Smurfs' due to their
color.
I'm sure they have nicked this name from the british Hawk jet, can
anyone confirm.

'Angles of Attack are increased by several percent when the fins
are deployed'

Download the picture from alt.binaries.pictures.military
called Raptor smurfs f-22-aoa.jpg.

The really big news is - I think the group may owe an apology to Mr
Tarver...

Cheers

John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address :-
Spam trap - please remove (trousers) to email me
Eurofighter Website :-
http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk
Old April 1st 04, 07:02 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:29:18 +1000, John Cook
wrote:

[...]

FAT CHANCE :-) I'm looking at the picture (Actually a higher res
version of it) but other than the door for the APU, the blowout vents
for the intakes, and the two small spoiler-looking things just to the
rear of the inlet (whcih have been there since day one, on all F-22s
including the prototypes though their's were parallel to the leading
edge) I'm not seeing anything. Maybe Tarver could point them out LOL.
Old April 1st 04, 07:54 PM
Tarver Engineering

wrote:

[...]

A troll like Ferrin is incapable of humility.

Old April 1st 04, 07:58 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:54:07 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

A troll like Tarver. Incapable of offering any proof for anything he
says.
Old April 1st 04, 08:00 PM
Tarver Engineering

wrote:

[...]

Cook just posted the proof.

Old April 1st 04, 09:25 PM
Scott Ferrin

wrote:

[...]

He posted a picture of the entire airplane. Why don't you clarify and
specify which part of the airplane they are referring to? The picture
itself offers proof of nothing, it's the same as a hundred others and
would be no different than if I posted a picture of the moon and said
"look, there's a spaceship on it". If something were pointed out then
we could get a better look at it in other pictures. That's 002 I
believe that he posted the picture of. Even on a higher resolution
version of it there doesn't appear to be anything there that isn't on
EVERY F-22. This is the perfect opportunity for you to make me eat
crow, and I'll eat it if you can show me something that isn't on every
F-22 (other than the mount for the spin chute). It's definitely 002
though and I'm not seeing anything unusual. Here's a few shots of an
F-22 including a closeup of the area in question on the posted F-22
picture.

http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/f22.jpg

Just mark on here where your strakes or the "Smurfs" are and repost
it. I'm betting the "Smurfs" are something that has been there all
along and are nothing special to fix anything.
Old April 1st 04, 09:34 PM
Scott Ferrin

Whoops. Here's the closeup shot

http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/closeup.jpg

(After I resized that last image the "closeup" area was small again)

Old April 1st 04, 09:35 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message

Whoops. Here's the closeup shot

http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/closeup.jpg

How about that apology, little bitch?

Old April 1st 04, 10:02 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:35:41 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
.. .

Whoops. Here's the closeup shot

http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/closeup.jpg

How about that apology, little bitch?

For what? So far I've seen nothing to apologize for. Certainly
nothing you've claimed has been proven.

Old April 2nd 04, 01:00 AM
Scott Ferrin

wrote:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
. ..

Whoops. Here's the closeup shot

http://www.xmission.com/~sferrin/closeup.jpg

How about that apology, little bitch?

For what? So far I've seen nothing to apologize for. Certainly
nothing you've claimed has been proven.

Well?? To paraphrase Kurt Russell "You gonna say somethin' or just
stand there and bleed?"