All this Barron Thomas stuff

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 6th 05, 08:31 PM
xyzzy

Default All this Barron Thomas stuff

You do have to give it to Thomas for coming on here and debating this
stuff.

Of course in some ways he is blind to how he is perceived, as is
everyone probably. His response, which is basically, "if you haven't
bought from me you have no standing to evaluate me" shows that he does
not see the information about himself that he gives in his responses.

From seeing his ads, hearing people's stories about him, and from
reading his own responses on this "blog" it seems clear that he has a
business model that is very successful for him, and for some significant
percentage of airplane buyers who can work with him on his terms. If
you aren't in the percentage of airplane buyers who can and are willing
to work assembly-line style, move 'em in, move 'em out, buy it now
without bugging me with too many questions because someone else will if
you don't, with Barron Thomas on Barron Thomas' terms, then he really
has no use for you and would like you to please stop breathing his air.

Apparently the percentage of buyers that can and are willing to work
that way is high enough to keep him in business, which is good for him
but he does seem to be disproportionately SHOCKED, SHOCKED I TELL YOU
that prospective buyers who might have a few extra questions, need some
additional handholding, or expect appointments to be promptly kept,
would dare to complain about it! The fact that 3000 people have bought
from him proves all of them wrong!

Barron's business seems to be based on lots of volume and in the course
of that some people are going to be slighted or mistreated and they will
complain about it, but Barron doesn't seem to understand that may be a
price of doing business the way he does.