Testers Needed: Metar Wx Reports on Your Cell Phone

Old August 29th 05, 06:27 PM

Default Testers Needed: Metar Wx Reports on Your Cell Phone

Looking for pilot beta testers to help us test a new Metar weather txt
messaging service. Your account is free in exchange for helping us to
test. Visit us at www.wxnotice.com.

Old September 3rd 05, 10:18 PM

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:27:27 -0700, wrote:

Looking for pilot beta testers to help us test a new Metar weather txt
messaging service. Your account is free in exchange for helping us to
test. Visit us at
www.wxnotice.com.

TAF reports are finished and ready for testing if any pilots are
interested.

Old September 4th 05, 10:57 AM
Cub Driver

Someone here was asking about flying time in a Stearman biplane.

I talked with Damian DelGaizo at Andover (NJ) Flight the other week,
and he now has a Stearman on line, in addition to a Super Cub and an
L-4. It is available for dual. I'm not sure about solo.

As noted at the time, the Stearman at Hampton NH has been sold. It's
still on the field but I don't think is available for instruction at
this time. When it was used for training, that one was dual one, per
order of the insurance company.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net
In Search of Lost Time: www.readingproust.com
Old September 4th 05, 01:48 PM
john smith

Cub Driver wrote:
Someone here was asking about flying time in a Stearman biplane.
I talked with Damian DelGaizo at Andover (NJ) Flight the other week,
and he now has a Stearman on line, in addition to a Super Cub and an
L-4. It is available for dual. I'm not sure about solo.
As noted at the time, the Stearman at Hampton NH has been sold. It's
still on the field but I don't think is available for instruction at
this time. When it was used for training, that one was dual one, per
order of the insurance company.

Waynesville OH had a Stearman you could get dual in and solo.
You had to have your own liability and hull, though.
Some people were buying their own hull coverage for the summer months,
then cancelling for the balance of the year.
Old September 4th 05, 01:50 PM
W P Dixon

John,
They still have the Stearman, and yes you can solo in it after you get
checked out in it. Rental Insurance is a must!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"john smith" wrote in message
. ..

Old September 4th 05, 02:48 PM
Blueskies

"W P Dixon" wrote in message ...
John,
They still have the Stearman, and yes you can solo in it after you get checked out in it. Rental Insurance is a must!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

How much per hour for the rental?

Old September 4th 05, 03:28 PM
W P Dixon

Stearman $132.00 , Citabria $75.00 , Decathlon $118.00 , Pitts $300, Arrow
$96.00 , C150 $48.00 , C172 $61.00 , Champ $45.00 , Cub $45.00, and last but
not least Schweizer sailplane $32.00. Red Stewart's Airfield , 4925 North
State Route 42, Waynesville, OH 45068, 513-897-7717 To rent the Cub and
Champ 25,000 hull rental insurance is required. Not sure of the others, give
them a call. Flight instructors are 27 an hour in case you need a check out.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old September 4th 05, 04:41 PM

"W P Dixon" wrote:
Stearman $132.00 , Citabria $75.00 , Decathlon $118.00 , Pitts $300, Arrow
$96.00 , C150 $48.00 , C172 $61.00 , Champ $45.00 , Cub $45.00, and last but
not least Schweizer sailplane $32.00. Red Stewart's Airfield , 4925 North
State Route 42, Waynesville, OH 45068, 513-897-7717 To rent the Cub and
Champ 25,000 hull rental insurance is required. Not sure of the others, give
them a call. Flight instructors are 27 an hour in case you need a check out.

Wow, it's always interesting to see different prices in different parts
of the country. Near Phoenix, AZ, at the school where I worked, a C152
was $63, the least expensive C172 (an "M") was $85, the C172SP was $105
(and I understand it has recently gone up again), and the SuperCub at a
nearby school is $80. Flight instruction is $45/hr.
Old September 5th 05, 02:24 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

W P Dixon wrote:
Stearman $132.00 , Citabria $75.00 , Decathlon $118.00 , Pitts $300, Arrow
$96.00 , C150 $48.00 , C172 $61.00 , Champ $45.00 , Cub $45.00, and last but
not least Schweizer sailplane $32.00. Red Stewart's Airfield , 4925 North
State Route 42, Waynesville, OH 45068, 513-897-7717 To rent the Cub and
Champ 25,000 hull rental insurance is required. Not sure of the others, give
them a call. Flight instructors are 27 an hour in case you need a check out.

Those are really reasonable prices. I'm also impressed with the variety. The
only folks around me that I know of with any real variety are a club with some
rather hefty monthly dues.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old September 5th 05, 03:56 AM
W P Dixon

Yep,
See why I drive 5 hours to go fly with them? Before it's all over I
will fly the Stearman and will do spin training as well. Just simple flying
at it's best, a grass field in real good shape,...and close enough to
"things to do for the family" Pretty much decided to get checked out in the
Cub after I get done with the Champ. I sure can't find anywhere cheaper, and
I sure can not find those planes to rent within a days drive

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
om...