Need a help in helicopter crash accident (top urgent)

Old August 27th 05, 12:08 AM

Default Need a help in helicopter crash accident (top urgent)

Hi,

THIS IS TOP URGENT!..

I have a movie with a helicopter accident. The helicopter crew claims
that the reason of the accident was a damage on the tail rotor blade.
My brother was a copilot in crew of that helicopter and I don't have
any reasons to don't believe him and his colleagues. But investigators
claim that it was basically overloading and helicopter was crashed by
this reason.

There were some eye-witnesses that saw when helicopter was in hovering
one piece of the tail rotor blade was broke away. After that the crew
worked only for saving lives of passengers and saving machine. But
after questioning by investigators eye-witnesses ceased to remember
this important detail.

Would you help me and the crew of that helicopter?

The tail rotor has 8 rounds per second and the movie has 30 frames per
second. The blades of tail rotor blades are invisible on the movie.

1. Is it possible to see blades enough to make a decision on the exact
reason of damage like on this http://www.helis.com/movies/bige005.mpg
2. Is there any other technique which can be helpful to solve this
problem or make blades visible using exist movie.

Sincerely,
Rustam Bogubaev

Old August 27th 05, 06:58 PM
Brian Whatcott

On 26 Aug 2005 16:08:50 -0700, wrote:

[...]

The proposals of overloading and tail rotor damage are not
independent.

One might suppose that overloading can be countered by exceeding lift
limit on the main rotor, with the consequent increased torque in the
vertical axis, which would be countered by excessive thrust from the
tail rotor..... and so on.

Brian Whatcott
Old August 29th 05, 09:27 AM

you can find mentioned movie on
http://www.bookinturkey.com/rustam/mi8mtv-ex902.wmv .

P.S. : This movie was downloaded from yahoo news web site and couldn't
be used for commercial purposes.

best regards,
rustam bogubaev

Old August 29th 05, 08:17 PM
Andre

Why not load the movie onto a computer and examine the movie frame by frame.
That would show what happened.

oups.com...