Last words

Old November 21st 03, 09:17 AM
Splat!

Default Last words

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Old November 21st 03, 06:16 PM
Bob Martin

Splat! wrote in message
news:3Lkvb.449584$9l5.204811@pd7tw2no...
http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Don't know about the rest of you, but I find that site in particularly poor
taste.

Old November 21st 03, 06:21 PM
nooneimportant

in agreement here

--
HPCode(1.1)-G PS++COS++POA++GOF+++*OOTP+++FF-QS DD+++HB++TR++AR++AT---*CM+++

Old November 24th 03, 03:01 PM
nafod40

Bob Martin wrote:
Splat! wrote in message

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Don't know about the rest of you, but I find that site in particularly poor
taste.

I didn't. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Statistics
are statistics, but reading the transcriptions...it's easy to be in that
cockpit right next to them.

Old November 24th 03, 10:27 PM
Roger Halstead

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:01:21 -0500, nafod40
wrote:

Bob Martin wrote:
Splat! wrote in message

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Don't know about the rest of you, but I find that site in particularly poor
taste.

I didn't. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Statistics
are statistics, but reading the transcriptions...it's easy to be in that
cockpit right next to them.

I always get a charge from the photo of the two pilots turned around
for their photograph whith the Baron visible in the windshiled behind
them. Although the photo is contrived, it still gives me the shivers.

You'll have to fix the return add due to dumb virus checkers not spam
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old November 25th 03, 12:24 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

I didn't. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Statistics
are statistics, but reading the transcriptions...it's easy to be in that
cockpit right next to them.

I always get a charge from the photo of the two pilots turned around
for their photograph whith the Baron visible in the windshiled behind
them. Although the photo is contrived, it still gives me the shivers.

Roger Halstead

If that gives you shivers.....
You should have been in my RV-3 on Saturday.

Some bonehead at 2000 feet in a C-150 tried
to T-bone me in the left door... if I had one.
He missed vertically by 25 feet or 30 feet.
Classic case of head in the cockpit???

A couple of weeks ago, nearly identical situation.
However, I saw that perpetrator coming early on.
Like this dude, he took no evasive action at any time.

Flying low is not for me anymore, but not much way
to avoid this crowed airspace when transitioning from
cross-country to landing or takeoff.

Everyone - not only keep your head out of the cockpit,
but on a very active swivel. The other guy may not looking
out for you.....or even himself.

Barnyard BOb -- maximum safety is a helluva challenge
Old November 25th 03, 12:32 AM
Larry Smith

"- Barnyard BOb -" wrote in message

[...] Flying low is not for me anymore, but not much way
to avoid this crowed airspace when transitioning from
cross-country to landing or takeoff.

I dodge a crow every once in a while myself.
Durn fool perpetrators.

Old November 25th 03, 03:51 AM
Morgans

If that gives you shivers.....
You should have been in my RV-3 on Saturday.

Some bonehead at 2000 feet in a C-150 tried
to T-bone me in the left door... if I had one.
He missed vertically by 25 feet or 30 feet.
Classic case of head in the cockpit???

A couple of weeks ago, nearly identical situation.
However, I saw that perpetrator coming early on.
Like this dude, he took no evasive action at any time.

Flying low is not for me anymore, but not much way
to avoid this crowed airspace when transitioning from
cross-country to landing or takeoff.

Everyone - not only keep your head out of the cockpit,
but on a very active swivel. The other guy may not looking
out for you.....or even himself.

Barnyard BOb -- maximum safety is a helluva challenge

It sounds like with all of the problems you have with traffic, you ought to
be considering getting some type of collision avoidance system installed.
ALL the help YOU can get sounds like it is needed..
--
Jim in NC

Old November 25th 03, 05:56 AM
Stealth Pilot

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:51:03 -0800, "Morgans"

[...]

ps make sure the barrel of the thing is heated or it will jam up on
you just as you need it. :-)
Old November 25th 03, 07:11 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

It sounds like with all of the problems you have with traffic, you ought to
be considering getting some type of collision avoidance system installed.
ALL the help YOU can get sounds like it is needed..
--
Jim in NC

Maybe, Santa will surprise me.

Barnyard BOb --