Uvalde tows available starting 28 July!

Old July 7th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

Default Uvalde tows available starting 28 July!

For anyone interested in pre-contest flying at Uvalde, Andy McQuigg
(EA) has arranged with the owner of the Devine, Texas soaring center
(http://www.learn2soar.net/) to bring one or two of his towplanes to
Uvalde for the week of 28 July to 1 August.

We already have enough pilots to guarantee one towplane, and another
will be added if warranted. If you are interested, please reply to
this post and/or send an email to so that the
towplane operator can plan on a second towplane and pilot if
necessary.

Andy did a heck of a job getting this arranged, and I for one am
grateful. I've never flown Uvalde, so the ability to get acquainted
with the soaring area (and the heat, I'm told!) is a great deal.

Regards,

Frank (TA)
Old July 9th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Paynter

For anyone interested in this, here is some additional information from the
guy who runs the Devine operation. It would be helpful (but I suspect not
absolutely required) if you would 'register' and put up a deposit if you
are planning to show early. This guy is just trying to make sure he
doesn't lose any money on the deal, so support your local towpilot! ;-).

Frank (TA)

From: fly
Subject: Soaring at Devine.
Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2008, 1:30 PM

Great,
Please tell them to go on my website to register so that I could keep
track of who's who and doing what. Please tell them to deposit $50.00 on
paypal at
for first tow. This will guaranty us who is
coming and when.I also need N number for aircraft and make and model plus
15 meters or?
Thanks
jpd

(

Old July 9th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

According to JP Ducos, the Devine, Tx soaring center operator, there
haven't been many registrations for pre-nationals tows on his
website. In case anyone has trouble reaching the 'Learn2Soar' site,
here's the URL to the Uvalde practice page:

http://www.learn2soar.net/Uvalde2008.htm

If you are thinking of coming out to Uvalde prior to the official
practice days, please drop this guy an email and tell him you are
coming and would like some tows. He's going well out of his way to be
accommodating, so please support him.

Thanks,

Frank

From: fly

[...]