Hawker Hunter down in PA

Old July 23rd 03, 04:53 PM
av8r

Default Hawker Hunter down in PA

Hi Everyone

The aviation community lost a real good man. Tom 'Sharkbait' Delashaw
was an extraordinary pilot. He thrilled airshow crowds around North
America in his single seat CF-104 Starfighter as one half of a
Starfighter Inc. (the other a two-seat CF-104D). Tom served in the Viet
Nam War, flying many F-4 missions His daring exploits earned him a DFC
and a number of other air medals. I am proud to have been able to call
him friend and will miss him dearly.

....Chris

Old July 24th 03, 09:43 AM
Guy Alcala

av8r wrote:

Hi Everyone

The aviation community lost a real good man. Tom 'Sharkbait' Delashaw
was an extraordinary pilot. He thrilled airshow crowds around North
America in his single seat CF-104 Starfighter as one half of a
Starfighter Inc. (the other a two-seat CF-104D). Tom served in the Viet
Nam War, flying many F-4 missions His daring exploits earned him a DFC
and a number of other air medals. I am proud to have been able to call
him friend and will miss him dearly.

Ah, ****. I never met the man, but we had a mutual friend who used to
volunteer as ground crew for the team, and Tom sounded like someone I'd
have loved to meet and shoot the breeze with.

Guy

Old July 24th 03, 05:47 PM
av8r

Hi Guy

He would have made the time to talk to you.

Cheers...Chris

Old July 25th 03, 02:55 AM
av8r

Hi Guy

No I do not know Mark B. 'Comrade' Rick was very approachable as well.
I hope he gets to continue flying the CF-104. It would be like a Mach 2
living, fire breathing tribute to Sharkbait.

Cheers...Chris

Old July 25th 03, 07:16 AM
Ditch

hope he gets to continue flying the CF-104.

Since Rick owns them (at least to the best of my knowledge), I don't see why he
couldn't.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*