Grob 102 gear

Old April 30th 12, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
fredblair

Default Grob 102 gear

Is the gear assembly on all the Grob 102 series of gliders, the same. I am asking about the struts and mounts, not the wheel.

Thanks,
Fred
Old April 30th 12, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Monday, April 30, 2012 11:36:47 AM UTC-5, fredblair wrote:
Is the gear assembly on all the Grob 102 series of gliders, the same. I am asking about the struts and mounts, not the wheel.

Thanks,
Fred

Well, to start with, some are fixed gear with a nose wheel, and some are retractable gear with a tailwheel.

So, no?

Kirk
66
Old April 30th 12, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Monday, April 30, 2012 12:36:47 PM UTC-4, fredblair wrote:
Is the gear assembly on all the Grob 102 series of gliders, the same. I am asking about the struts and mounts, not the wheel.

Thanks,
Fred

You're probably asking whether the cast aluminum forks and related kit are common, right? I know from looking for cracks in a number of Astir CS and Astir CS 77s that they looked similar (and are usually cracked!). Never got under the covers on a Grob 102 Astir Standard or the other later models. I would just email the new (i.e. 10 years ago) TC holder which is Linder in Germany. They seem to be quite responsive and helpful. http://www.ltb-lindner.com/grob-saleplanes.html

Grob 102CS tow-out gear Stefan Murry Soaring 2 July 8th 11 06:36 PM
Looking for Grob Twin Astir Gear Retract Mechanism AJM Soaring 0 August 18th 09 05:03 AM
Gear Up, pt 4 - Crashed He 111 with balloon cable cutting gear - July 1940.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 April 13th 07 01:50 PM
Grob 103 SL R.W. Carpenter Soaring 2 March 21st 04 10:21 PM
GROB 102 Vorsanger1 Soaring 4 July 11th 03 11:34 PM