A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

I'd never seen this before

Old January 5th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default I'd never seen this before

"Morgans" wrote in message ...

"John Mazor" wrote

At least some of us love the random tidbits of information that can surface here,
especially when the conversation wanders a bit. Good post, thanks.

Yes, the tidbits are nice, but the cost is so high, don't you think?

Would it be possible to agree that the twit has been shown as foolish and ignorant as
needs be for the current time, and let him have the inevitable last word on this
subject?

It would be nice to move on without him in any of the discussions on the subject, and
try to ignore him and his irrelevant comments for a while, perhaps?

Just a thought to consider, I thought.
--
Jim in NC

Well, in addition to the random factoids, some of us get entertainment value out of
whacking the loons. That's not something you'd necessarily be proud to own up to - maybe
on a par with admitting that you eat ice cream right out of the box - but it's harmless
fun. Besides, people like Anthony wouldn't stop mouthing off even if he got zero
responses so why not exercise your debating skills in the cause of keeping the record
straight?

Just because a newsgroup has "aviation" in the name doesn't give the serious,
aviation-minded participants proprietary ownership over the channel. Stick with moderated
groups if you want that. Trying to police an open newsgroup is like it used to be trying
to keep the motormouths and goofballs off Channel 19 in the heyday of CB radio. The
Internet, like CB, is a permanent open mike for anyone and everyone. UseNet has one
advantage over CB in that you always can killfile whomever you don't like, although in 24
years on the Internet I've never killfiled anyone. I learned to live with it by becoming
adept at skimming the posts and skipping anything I don't want.

In a perfect world we wouldn't even have to have this conversation, but in a perfect world
I'd be as rich as Bill Gates, as handsome as Pierce Brosnan (okay, at my age I'll settle
for Sean Connery) and between the babes and the high life I wouldn't even have time to be
posting here. I think most of us agree with you in principle, but remember that constant,
useless railing against human nature also degrades the signal-to-noise ratio.