Have you guys (and gals) heard of this???

Old February 24th 04, 05:49 PM
Grzechu

Default Have you guys (and gals) heard of this???

Uzytkownik "acepilot" napisal w wiadomosci
The Annual Blanik Boogie Festival??

UN-F***ING BELIEVABLE!!!!! But, Absolutely AWESOME!!

http://alto.nethit.fi/kuvat/

Ofcourse we heard. In Poland few decades ago there was even an entitlement
for glider pilots called "entitlement for ejecting a parachutist". You had
to get it to be a 1st class glider pilot.
The most popular glider in Poland for ejecting a parachutist was SZD-9
Bocian.

Grzechu/SINoo
Stallion

Old February 24th 04, 08:00 PM
tango4

The most popular glider in Poland for ejecting a parachutist was SZD-9

Bocian.

I'm not surprised people wanted to jump out of Bocians, they're even uglier
than SG's!

:-)

Ian

Old February 24th 04, 10:08 PM
CV

Uzytkownik "acepilot" napisal w wiadomosci

The Annual Blanik Boogie Festival??

UN-F***ING BELIEVABLE!!!!! But, Absolutely AWESOME!!

http://alto.nethit.fi/kuvat/

Yep, I posted that link here in autumn 2002 if memory serves.
CV

Old February 25th 04, 03:37 AM
acepilot

AWESOME! I should note that I've only been bitten by the sailplane bug
for about 2 months now, so I haven't seen a lot of soaring stuff on the
web yet! Had my first "real" ride in a Schweitzer 2-33A over New
Year's. Completely fell in love with soaring. Now I can't get enough
and I love pictures and videos of the EXTREME soaring. Having a guy
sitting outboard ON the wing still kills me! I think that would be a
blast!!

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die!

Old February 25th 04, 12:54 PM
iPilot

This is old trick. But respect towards Finns who have popularised it again. We did it also last
year. Great fun. Also some Estonian gals have made it in Latvia. Pictures he
http://www.parachute.ee/est/pics.php?cat=1&ln=est

The most extreme thing attempted that I know about was sometimes in 1930-s, when russian skydiver
stood up on top of the wing of some russian flying wing glider and opened the parachute there. So
that he didn't actually jupm, but was pulled away from the wing. Afaik this is the only time anyone
has attempted something like that.

Regards,
Kaido
www.purilend.ee

Old February 25th 04, 10:43 PM
Shaber CJ

This is old trick. But respect towards Finns who have popularised it again.
We did it also last
year. Great fun.

Sure would be a bummer to fall off the wing early in tow.
Old February 26th 04, 07:20 AM
iPilot

:-D

In Estonia there's been a case (sometimes in soviet period) when An-2 made a chemical flight with
chemicals-loading person sitting on top of the fin facing backwards. The reason was that radio went
silent, but nobody cared and pilots misinterpreted flight directors signs.

Despite you didn't add smiley, I think you were joking.

Old February 27th 04, 10:02 PM
Jarek

Check this out:

http://aeroklub.bialystok.biz/myegal...rderby=d ateD

http://aeroklub.bialystok.biz/myegal...rderby=d ateD

Old February 28th 04, 10:34 PM
acepilot

Looks neat, but is there a site in English?

Scott