New low budget two seater

Old June 13th 18, 08:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_22_]

Default New low budget two seater

Hi!
We are trying to get new two seater from various funds for our club. Most of the funds force to buy new glider.
Can you please help us a little bit with market research and suggest low budget two seater?
Thank you all!
Old June 13th 18, 09:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I think a new "low budget two seater" is not really existing. At the "low end" of the production two-seat gliders, you have:

PW-6U (http://www.szdjezow.com.pl/) - not sure it is still in production, relatively low performance, good for spin training.

Perkoz (http://szd.com.pl/fr/products/szd-54-2-perkoz) - in production, good performance, good for spin training, adaptable for uncertifed hand controls.

ASK-21 (https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/...gzeuge/ask-21/) - in production, relatively low performance, spin training only with special mod, adaptable for certified hand controls.

DG-1001 Club (https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/air...01/dg-1001club) - in production, good performance, good for spin training.
Old June 13th 18, 10:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_22_]

Thank you very much for your very useful answer Steph!

Old June 13th 18, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BruceGreeff

On 2018/06/13 11:24, wrote:
I think a new "low budget two seater" is not really existing. At the "low end" of the production two-seat gliders, you have:

PW-6U (
http://www.szdjezow.com.pl/) - not sure it is still in production, relatively low performance, good for spin training.

Perkoz (http://szd.com.pl/fr/products/szd-54-2-perkoz) - in production, good performance, good for spin training, adaptable for uncertifed hand controls.

ASK-21 (https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/...gzeuge/ask-21/) - in production, relatively low performance, spin training only with special mod, adaptable for certified hand controls.

DG-1001 Club (https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/air...01/dg-1001club) - in production, good performance, good for spin training.

There is also the LAK20 - which is available as a pure or motorised
glider. Good performance, good handling - the 23m version would be
comparable to the Duo - though a lot cheaper...
http://lak.aviaserv.com/index.php?op...9&Item id=143
Old June 13th 18, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'm not sure the Lak-20 is still in production. The current website http://lak.lt/ only mentions the single-seaters Mini-Lak, Lak-17B and Lak-19...
Old June 14th 18, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Blaniks? http://home.nwi.net/~blanikam/ba/blanik.htm

PW6U still being produced =probably the cheapest new 'glass' 2 seater.

Old June 14th 18, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 1:35:01 AM UTC-6, Tom wrote:
Hi!
We are trying to get new two seater from various funds for our club. Most of the funds force to buy new glider.
Can you please help us a little bit with market research and suggest low budget two seater?
Thank you all!

This is of interest to me too. Here in the USA there don't seem to be many "affordable" options. If you are looking at a glider under $30,000, then about the only option is the ever-aging fleet of Schweizer 2-33 gliders, which have quite low performance. Even then, if you can find one for sale, it will still run you around $15,000. You may get lucky and find a glass ship in fair to poor condition for $30,000, but otherwise you are most likely looking at a used Grob 103 in the $45,000 range. It seems anything else is upwards of $75,000 for a used glider. And you won't get anything new for under $100,000.

There is a small group of us in MT that are looking to start a new glider club, but acquiring a club glider (two-seater) with a very small budget is something that is a real hurdle to climb. There just aren't a lot of good options here in the US. I really wish someone here would design and build a good tough and affordable training glider that could step in the gap that the ever shrinking fleet of 2-33s is leaving.
Old June 14th 18, 08:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_22_]

Blaniks? http://home.nwi.net/~blanikam/ba/blanik.htm

Yes, why not if they still produce L13.

PW6U still being produced =probably the cheapest new 'glass' 2 seater.

I will contact the manufacturer.

Thank you, Paul!
Old June 14th 18, 08:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_22_]

This is of interest to me too. Here in the USA there don't seem to be many "affordable" options. If you are looking at a glider under $30,000

Although little bit off-topic, but yesterday I was looking to buy this old bird
http://www.segelflug.de/osclass/inde...=item&id=26202
Yes, I know it is older than me, but it fly :-)

then about the only option is the ever-aging fleet of Schweizer 2-33 gliders,

Thanks, John. Will check this too.
Old June 14th 18, 10:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_22_]

Contacted manufacturer, they do not produce two-seater :-(