Got my ticket... now what?

Old July 9th 03, 10:30 AM
Cub Driver

Default Got my ticket... now what?

I don't know about you, but for me, the best part about flying is going
to new places. There's something very unique about flying to someplace
new, dropping out of the sky and plopping down. You get a different
feeling about a place when you arrive there by plane - even if it's a
place you have been to before,

That's what I loved about skiing in Europe, and ski-touring in this
hemisphere. The greatest hoot was taking the bus from Chamonix to
Cervinia in Italy, then skiing over the hump to Zermatt. When we took
the train down out of Zermatt, I wondered how many people had ever
taken it outbound (downbound?) on their first trip.

Flying is a bit like that. Especially when the folks on the other end
make a big deal about it. In the Cub, that does happen from time to
time. You needn't go far to feel like one of the great explorers.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub
Old July 9th 03, 04:33 PM
Ron Natalie

"Neal" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:36:53 -0400, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Oshkosh is coming up. Nothing like a baptism by fire.

I've got 3 years and over 400 hours under my belt now... and I'm still
too chicken to fly into Oshkosh :-)

If your landings are in fairly good shape and you can FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
you can go into OSH. The problem with the Oshkosh arrival is the so-called
experienced pilots who can't read, understand, and follow the NOTAM and
controller instructions.

Old July 9th 03, 08:05 PM
Brien K. Meehan

"BrianL" wrote in message
om...
Blah Blah blah

Now you can brag about your big moment.

.... like Goober eating all those pancakes.

Old July 10th 03, 07:14 AM
Montblack

("Brien K. Meehan" wrote)
Now you can brag about your big moment.

... like Goober eating all those pancakes.

Or the time Aunt Bee solos.

Episode #243
Aunt Bee's Big Moment
(final season ...one of the last 6 shows)

Episode was "In Color" ....for those of us over 40.

--
Montblack
"I like to watch"