Largest conventional-gear airplane

Old July 12th 08, 11:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
JanBen Hëlmüt

Default Largest conventional-gear airplane

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:11:44 +0200, Kadaitcha Man wrote
(in article ):

Bertie the Bunyip, ye shrill-gorged mind diseas'd minion, live and love
thy misery, ye derided:

Soon you'lll slip away. Just like Tinkerbelle.

Hey, what's Snarky got to do with it?

runs off laughing

Your opinion is important to me.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

-- ‹-- ‹-- ‹-- ‹-- ‹-- ‹-- ‹-- ‹-- ‹
Brutality Personified

http://www.asshelmets.com/

http://thetrolls.net/phpbb/

http://www.trollvalhalla.com/

Old July 12th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:co4ek.20328$%q.9180
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

But lighter over all, I think . I know a few guys who flew them up into
the
late '70s. It was not highly thought of.

You don't know ****, you're just attempting to troll.

It's pretty obvious to everyone but you when I'm trolling. that's what
makes me the best, Okie boi.

Bertie
Old July 13th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
romeomike

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Uh oh, now you've done it.
you're on the lits now

Bertie

Don't really have anything to ask or say to you. Just wanted to make
sure I make the next list. I was dropped from last one )-:

Old July 13th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"romeomike" wrote in message
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Uh oh, now you've done it.
you're on the lits now

Bertie

Don't really have anything to ask or say to you. Just wanted to make sure
I make the next list. I was dropped from last one )-:

Nah, if you do it jus to make the list, you're obviously just another sock.

Old July 13th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

romeomike wrote in :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Uh oh, now you've done it.
you're on the lits now

Bertie

Don't really have anything to ask or say to you. Just wanted to make
sure I make the next list. I was dropped from last one )-:

Now he'll leave you off it for spite.

Oh wait, it's Maxie. I forgot. He's not that bright.

Bertie
Old July 13th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Maxie not running a fair lits! FOWL!!!

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"romeomike" wrote in message
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Uh oh, now you've done it.
you're on the lits now

Bertie

Don't really have anything to ask or say to you. Just wanted to make
sure I make the next list. I was dropped from last one )-:

Nah, if you do it jus to make the list, you're obviously just another
sock.

Well, I wass right about him not being that bright. Anyhow, be fair and at
least put him on the sock lits.

Bertie

Old July 15th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_5_]

Dale wrote:

The B-17 is a pretty nice airplane to fly however. Ailerons heavy as
heck, rudder not so bad, elevator pretty light. I've flown one in
xwinds up to 40 knots (only about 30 degrees cross) and while it makes
you work it doesn't take superman....but like any t/w airplane you gotta
stay ahead of her.

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing. I'm envious; such a magnificent
airplane. It's not the most beautiful multi-engine airplane ever built I
don't know what is.

-c

Old July 15th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

gatt wrote in
:

Dale wrote:

The B-17 is a pretty nice airplane to fly however. Ailerons heavy as
heck, rudder not so bad, elevator pretty light. I've flown one in
xwinds up to 40 knots (only about 30 degrees cross) and while it
makes you work it doesn't take superman....but like any t/w airplane
you gotta stay ahead of her.

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing. I'm envious; such a magnificent
airplane. It's not the most beautiful multi-engine airplane ever built
I don't know what is.

-c

I'd vote ofr the DeHavilland Mosqito, or this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q_zNrj0GpM

Bertie
Old July 15th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
yeadeagisss

gatt wrote:

Dale wrote:

The B-17 is a pretty nice airplane to fly however.

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing. I'm envious; such a magnificent
airplane. It's not the most beautiful multi-engine airplane ever built I
don't know what is.

I'd apply the "most beautiful" sobriquet to the Lockheed Connie, flawed
Wright Cyclones and all.
Old July 15th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_5_]

yeadeagisss wrote:
gatt wrote:

Dale wrote:

The B-17 is a pretty nice airplane to fly however.

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing. I'm envious; such a magnificent
airplane. It's not the most beautiful multi-engine airplane ever built
I don't know what is.

I'd apply the "most beautiful" sobriquet to the Lockheed Connie, flawed
Wright Cyclones and all.

Fascinating. Similar to Bertie's Albatross vote.

I saw a Connie and a B-17 together at Nellis one time. Definately
beautiful. I'd also nominate the P-38.

For singles, probably the Spitfire.

-c