MSFS X impressions

Old January 6th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
601XL Builder

Default MSFS X impressions

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Stan,

or that was the
minimum for the final installed product.

That's it. 15 Gig. Unbelievable!

It really is considering I just checked and MSFS 2004 takes up just
2.67GB. I don't have MSFS-X but I do have the demo and it takes 1.21GB.
Old January 6th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

601XL Builder writes:

It really is considering I just checked and MSFS 2004 takes up just
2.67GB.

Since 1 gigabyte is enough to hold almost two complete encyclopedias,
one must wonder exactly what the extra 13 gigabytes contain.

Old January 6th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 20:14:30 -0800, Robert M. Gary wrote
(in article .com):

I finally got around to installing the copy of MSFS X that's been
sitting on my shelf for about 2 months. I must say I've very
underwhelmed.

Eh, I have a MacBook Pro, so no MSFS. Even if I install Windows I probably
don't have the resources to run MSFS on a laptop. Now, if I had an eight core
Mac Pro with NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 and about 16Gb memory and Vista, well,
maybe I could run all the features on MSFS X. But so far my understanding is
that there are no computers capable of taking advantage of all the features
of this program, short of spending $10,000 on the above system. Or at least
that was the rumor I heard from a guy in Sun City who calls himself "The
Colonel." And if I had a system like that, you can bet it wouldn't be running
MSFS. I would be too busy playing with Aperture, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere,
Final Cut Studio and Shake.

Old January 6th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

C J Campbell writes:

Eh, I have a MacBook Pro, so no MSFS. Even if I install Windows I probably
don't have the resources to run MSFS on a laptop. Now, if I had an eight core
Mac Pro with NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 and about 16Gb memory and Vista, well,
maybe I could run all the features on MSFS X. But so far my understanding is
that there are no computers capable of taking advantage of all the features
of this program, short of spending $10,000 on the above system. Or at least
that was the rumor I heard from a guy in Sun City who calls himself "The
Colonel." And if I had a system like that, you can bet it wouldn't be running
MSFS. I would be too busy playing with Aperture, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere,
Final Cut Studio and Shake.

You can always try running FS 2004. I've seen it run just fine on
laptops.

Old January 8th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skywise

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:1167711270.750093.242860
@i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Snipola
Then it tries to activate

Snipola

Oh well. Guess I won't be getting this program. I will not
willingly submit to this nazi-like crap of getting permission
from some corporation to wipe my ass.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old January 8th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 08:34:50 -0800, Mxsmanic wrote
(in article ):

C J Campbell writes:

[...]

So have I. But actually MSFS bores me to tears.

Old January 8th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

C J Campbell writes:

So have I. But actually MSFS bores me to tears.

Of course. My other plane is a 747.

Old January 8th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2007-01-06, Mxsmanic wrote:
Since 1 gigabyte is enough to hold almost two complete encyclopedias,
one must wonder exactly what the extra 13 gigabytes contain.

It's not that hard to guess -- higher resolution scenery can account for
huge gobs of hard disk space.