Nevada governor to bill Fossett widow for search expenses

Old May 6th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default Breif discussion of Trolling - was: Nevada governor...

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Peter Dohm" wrote:

Then, when your research is complete, I have a humble suggestion: When
one
of Mxsmanic's contributions seems to require a response, flip a coin at
least three times and only respond if it comes up tails every time.

may I suggestion a response only if it lands on the edge every time?

--
Bob Noel

Even better, but that's just too much to hope for!

Peter

Old May 6th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Nevada governor to bill Fossett widow for search expenses

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

On Sat, 3 May 2008 00:25:29 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote in
m:

george writes:

I'd like to know that if I ever went down the Search and Rescue
would come looking for me without regard for the beancounters

So you think that no cap should be placed on the amount of money
spent to search for you? And you believe that taxpayers in general
should pay the infinitely high bill?

Depends, for me? of course. for you? not a chewing gum wrapper.

Bertie

Australia once spent $4million dollars rescuing a lone sailor in an
upturned boat off antarctica. We didnt bill him.
...of course that was when we had a decent government not the clueless
****** labor beancounters we have now.

I remember that guy. Thing is, though I would like them to come for me,
how many deaths could they have prevented for that much money?
If oyu had 4,000,000 in your hand and you could save either one nutter
in a dinghy or save 1,000 from starvation...?

Bertie

Bertie

Old May 6th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

On Sat, 03 May 2008 08:49:56 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Shirl writes:

Didn't say those were options.
They search for missing people whether the spouse approves it or not.
Why should she be responsible for the bill?

Not her, exactly, but the missing person's estate, but usually money from the
estate is money the widow will not receive.

The reason is that the state spends more or less on a search depending on how
important someone is. The average person is unimportant and the search is
short. But celebrities, politicians, millionaires, children, and cute women
(to cite a few groups) routinely receive far more attention than others, and
this costs the state a lot more. I think the inequality should be reimbursed
by the estate, in a country that likes to think of itself as providing
equality for all.

**************************************
I can see why Bertie has a problem with you.

You step in where you don't know your A** from a hole in the ground.

Big John

Old May 6th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Mon, 5 May 2008 10:08:36 -0400, "Peter Dohm"
wrote:

All of which brings us back to an earlier thread regarding Mxsmanic and his
seemingly on-topic contributions. At that time, the debate At that time,
the discussion centered on two issues: 1) whether Mxsmanic was a Troll and
2) whether possible confusion by new pilots and students made it essential
to debate him. I now submit that he is, in fact, the most successfull Troll
that this group had ever seen. However, there is an interesting twist in
that this Troll quite successfully preys upon the senior members of the
group, rather than the newbies!

there is an interesting aspect to his seeming inability to ever learn.

there is a psychiatric condition caused by some faulty wiring in the
brain which had at one time the description of alexithymia.
it is supposedly faulty connectivity between the corpus calosum and
the areas of higher intellect.

one aspect of the condition is the physical inability to differentiate
between visual images processed from different sources. if one source
is reality and another source is a simulator the processing that goes
through these brains has no differentiation. both are seen as a real
experience.

there are days when I'd swear that this kid has the problem.

the only solution to this pestilence does not involve coins.
coventry is the answer.

Stealth Pilot
Old May 6th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

wrote:

[...]

I've not heard of this imagery problem -I thought alexithymia was to
do with having problems expressing emotions. Have you got a reference
I can look it up in?

Cheers
Old May 6th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig 601Xl Builder writes:

So? How the hell do you say, "So?"

Because he's dead either way.
Old May 6th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Bertie the Bunyip writes:

I remember that guy. Thing is, though I would like them to come for me,
how many deaths could they have prevented for that much money?
If oyu had 4,000,000 in your hand and you could save either one nutter
in a dinghy or save 1,000 from starvation...?

Four million dollars can save the lives of about 16 million children.
Old May 6th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Big John" wrote

I can see why Bertie has a problem with you.

You step in where you don't know your A** from a hole in the ground.

You do realize that he has declared himself to be an expert, in the breast
feeding forum, don't you?

He goes so far past what a normal person would put up with in person, I don't
understand why people here put up with him, and enable him by responding to his
idiocy.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 7th 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
Bertie the Bunyip writes:

I remember that guy. Thing is, though I would like them to come for me,
how many deaths could they have prevented for that much money?
If oyu had 4,000,000 in your hand and you could save either one nutter
in a dinghy or save 1,000 from starvation...?

Four million dollars can save the lives of about 16 million children.

Still wouldn['t be enough to save you, though.

Bertie
Old May 7th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On May 5, 8:32 am, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
george writes:

I'd like to know that if I ever went down the Search and Rescue would
come looking for me without regard for the beancounters

So you think that no cap should be placed on the amount of money spent to
search for you? And you believe that taxpayers in general should pay the
infinitely high bill?

Since Nevada has never charged for SAR, even to the very wealthy, if
they are going to start charging they really ought to tell people and
with something along the lines of, "If SAR experience exceeds $X, the
lost individual, their family and or estate will be charged."

Perhaps charge on a sliding scale as a percentage of net worth. Net
worth to be multiplied by the number of Usenet postings perhaps....

;-)