Who needs terrorists when we have Dell?

Old August 15th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Who needs terrorists when we have Dell?

Montblack wrote:
("Robert M. Gary" wrote)
I see another Dateline special coming up "And now an episode you won't
want to miss, before you fire up your laptop, know that you may DIE, watch
Dateline at 9 to see how".

These days, 98.486% of all TV "news" can be viewed on a par with the likes
of: Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, A Current Affair, Hard Copy,
Inside Edition, etc, etc, etc.

I no longer watch TV news either. I tend to get my news from The Wall
Street Journal. Seems to be the more reasonable publication.

-Robert

Old August 15th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"cjcampbell" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, Dell has exploding laptops.

Exploding laptops (shudder). Perhaps for the sake of future generations, I
should stop using my laptop on my lap?

Vaughn

Old August 15th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

Default Who needs terrorists when we have Sony?

"Cub Driver" usenet AT danford DOT net wrote in message ...
: On 15 Aug 2006 02:42:26 -0700, "cjcampbell"
: wrote:
:
: So, Dell has exploding laptops.
:
: Not really. Dell sold laptops with SONY batteries in them, and these
: SONY batteries occasionally burst into flame.
:
: Credit where credit is due!
:
: (Mine is one of the laptops affected.)
:
:
: -- all the best, Dan Ford
:
: email: usenet AT danford DOT net
:
: Warbird's Forum: www.warbirdforum.com
: Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
: In Search of Lost Time: www.readingproust.com

I am trying sooo hard to boycott Sony. I went to buy a watch battery, and after I got home I looked really closely, and
it was a SONY! I do my best to avoid anything Sony....

Old August 15th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"cjcampbell" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, Dell has exploding laptops.

Exploding laptops (shudder). Perhaps for the sake of future generations, I
should stop using my laptop on my lap?

Vaughn

That's already been studied. There was a report last year maybe that
said men using laptops in their lap have a lower sperm count.
Old August 16th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:22:43 -0500, Emily
wrote:
There was a report last year maybe that
said men using laptops in their lap have a
lower sperm count.

Understandable since they need to be a couple of degrees cooler than
the rest of the body... So, when you see a guy on a plane with a
laptop in his lap, does it get you all hot and bothered?
dirty-old-man-grin
Old August 16th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

wrote:
There was a report last year maybe that
said men using laptops in their lap have a
lower sperm count.

Understandable since they need to be a couple of degrees cooler than
the rest of the body... So, when you see a guy on a plane with a
laptop in his lap, does it get you all hot and bothered?
dirty-old-man-grin

Yes, because I know the chances of getting pregnant and having to quit
my job are lowered.

Oh, I'm sorry, did that sound too much like I hate children? (I've been
told hating children is unattractive)
Old August 16th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:12:17 -0500, Emily
wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry, did that sound too much like I hate children? (I've been
told hating children is unattractive)

Nawh, it's not... Grace originally said that she didn't like kids...
That definitely attracted me to her... Turned out that the biological
clock started ticking and then it became, "Well, I just want *one*"...
Kaitlyn is now nearly 12 and I suspect that it's been nearly 12 years
since I've had any peace, quiet, or privacy in my life... I can still
just barely remember being able to do the things that we wanted to do
on the weekends... Being able to take vacations when and where we
wanted to go without concern for some stupid ass school's schedule...
Being able to consider buying a house because we liked the design
instead of what ****in' school district it was in... Damn, I should
have gotten clipped and just let Grace think I was shooting blanks...

The only thing that makes life bearable is when I end up on contract
so far out of town that I don't have to see them for a couple of
months... A recruiter contacted me this week for a 6+ month contract
up in Philly... Damn, I hope I get that contract... I need the peace
and quiet of a high pressure job away from home... Basically, I'm
dying a slow death of estrogen poisoning here...

http://grumman581.googlepages.com/leadingcauseofdeath

Old August 16th 06, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

wrote:

So, Dell has exploding laptops.

Not really. Dell sold laptops with SONY batteries in them, and these
SONY batteries occasionally burst into flame.

Credit where credit is due!

(Mine is one of the laptops affected.)

So, if you are flying and your laptop catches fire, how do you put it
out? Halon is no good for class D fires.

Old August 16th 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"cjcampbell" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

So, Dell has exploding laptops.

Not really. Dell sold laptops with SONY batteries in them, and these
SONY batteries occasionally burst into flame.

Credit where credit is due!

(Mine is one of the laptops affected.)

So, if you are flying and your laptop catches fire, how do you put it
out? Halon is no good for class D fires.

91.15 ... Just look before you jettison...

;O)

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old August 16th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("cjcampbell" wrote)
So, if you are flying and your laptop catches fire, how do you put it out?

"I was so scared I pee'd my pants" might be a useful first step.

Halon is no good for class D fires.

Will Halon work, when transitioning Class D airspace?

Montblack