My Camera in Aachen June 1945

Old August 19th 04, 03:16 PM
ArtKramr

Default My Camera in Aachen June 1945

Aachen June 1945. The city abandoned.

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Aachen.htm

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old August 19th 04, 07:25 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article ,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Aachen.htm

Art, how much photography had you done before the war? That's a gritty
journalistic shot that tells a story, but it's obvious you had an eye
for composition.
Old August 19th 04, 07:36 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: My Camera in Aachen June 1945
From: Howard Berkowitz
Date: 8/19/2004 11:25 AM Pacific Standard Time
In article ,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Aachen.htm

Art, how much photography had you done before the war? That's a gritty
journalistic shot that tells a story, but it's obvious you had an eye
for composition.

I got my first camera when I was 10 years old. whne the war came I had alrady
made hundreds of photos and had quite a few published. I carried my camera all
through. When the war ended the Group Photo Officer was sent home and I took
over the photo operation of the 344th bomb Group earning a second MOS. I then
had a few 4x5 Graphics to use and took one along when we passed through Aachen.
Thse shots were mad with a 4x5 Graphic hand held..

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old August 20th 04, 07:55 AM
Dave Eadsforth

In article , ArtKramr
writes
From: Howard Berkowitz
Date: 8/19/2004 11:25 AM Pacific Standard Time
In article ,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Aachen.htm

Art, how much photography had you done before the war? That's a gritty
journalistic shot that tells a story, but it's obvious you had an eye
for composition.

I got my first camera when I was 10 years old. whne the war came I had alrady
made hundreds of photos and had quite a few published. I carried my camera all
through. When the war ended the Group Photo Officer was sent home and I took
over the photo operation of the 344th bomb Group earning a second MOS. I then
had a few 4x5 Graphics to use and took one along when we passed through Aachen.
Thse shots were mad with a 4x5 Graphic hand held..

Good choice of camera - did you manage to hang on to one?

(I have a 2.25 x 3.25 miniature Speed Graphic that still takes really
good pics)

Cheers,

Dave

--
Dave Eadsforth
Old August 20th 04, 01:53 PM
ArtKramr

From: Dave Eadsforth
Date: 8/19/2004 11:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
In article , ArtKramr
writes
From: Howard Berkowitz

Date: 8/19/2004 11:25 AM Pacific Standard Time
In article ,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

[...]

I've recently gone 100% digital. Bye Bye Darkroom

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old August 21st 04, 01:45 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article ,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

I've recently gone 100% digital. Bye Bye Darkroom

*whimper*