Our 27th Consecutive Oshkosh -- anyone else going?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 2nd 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Our 27th Consecutive Oshkosh -- anyone else going?

God willin' and the crik don't rise, this month will mark our 27th year at
Oshkosh. We're planning on flying in on Sunday, July 26th, and spending the
week.

We WILL have our annual Wednesday night party in the North 40, so plan on
migrating out to our plane after the air show, if you'd care to join us. As
always, admission is a 6-pack of good beer from your home state. Extra
points are awarded for micro-brew status. If you can't see through it,
better yet! (Anyone bringing beer with the name "Light" or "Lite" in it
will be summarily sent to the Charcoal Pit, where you will be forced to
listen to karaoke for the evening... :-)

We'll have food of some sort, snacks, and plenty of hangar flying. If you
get there right after the air show, you can enjoy the REAL airshow with
us -- arrivals and departures. From 6 to 8 PM you will see some wonderful
"stupid pilot tricks" as well as some excellent flying. It's great fun, and
I hope you can join us.

We just got back from the annual Cherokee Pilots Association fly-in down in
Missouri. In past years there have been well over 100 planes in
attendance -- this year, just 35 showed up. I'm hoping that this means that
everyone is pinching their nickels and dimes so that they can attend the Big
One in Oshkosh!

So who's coming?
--
Jay Honeck