CAP transport pilot requirements

Old June 23rd 05, 04:33 PM
Robert M. Gary

Default CAP transport pilot requirements

Are there specific requirements for CAP transport pilots? I can't seem
to find anything on it on my regs CD. Do I just need a form 5 or is
there something else (like the form 91 for mission pilots)? Our
squadron has so few CAP pilots (lots of members, even several pilots,
but few CAP pilots) its hard to get good answers.

-Robert

Old June 23rd 05, 11:46 PM
Hotel 179

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
Are there specific requirements for CAP transport pilots? I can't seem
to find anything on it on my regs CD. Do I just need a form 5 or is
there something else (like the form 91 for mission pilots)? Our
squadron has so few CAP pilots (lots of members, even several pilots,
but few CAP pilots) its hard to get good answers.

-Robert

--------------------------------------reply------------------------------------------------------

You must be form 5, General Emergency Services, age appropriate, 50 hours
cross country, at least 100 hours PIC.....in the MIMS it's called Transport
Mission Pilot.

Semper vi.,

Stephen

Old June 24th 05, 02:16 AM

We do a CAPF-5 and then a CAPF-91 specifically annotated as "Plains Mission Transport Pilot".

Hotel 179 wrote:

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
Are there specific requirements for CAP transport pilots? I can't seem
to find anything on it on my regs CD. Do I just need a form 5 or is
there something else (like the form 91 for mission pilots)? Our
squadron has so few CAP pilots (lots of members, even several pilots,
but few CAP pilots) its hard to get good answers.

-Robert

--------------------------------------reply------------------------------------------------------

You must be form 5, General Emergency Services, age appropriate, 50 hours
cross country, at least 100 hours PIC.....in the MIMS it's called Transport
Mission Pilot.

Semper vi.,

Stephen

Best regards,

LtCol Jer/ Eberhard, Colorado Wing Checkpilot (airplanes and gliders),
Assistant Glider Program Manager, Colorado Wing, CAP

--
LtCol Jer/ Eberhard, CO-Wing, Thompson Valley CS., Ft Collins, CO
CELL/VM: 970 231-6325, CELL Message: 9702316325'at'mobile.att.net
Old June 24th 05, 07:13 AM
Sylvain

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Are there specific requirements for CAP transport pilots? I can't seem
to find anything on it on my regs CD. Do I just need a form 5 or is
there something else (like the form 91 for mission pilots)? Our
squadron has so few CAP pilots (lots of members, even several pilots,
but few CAP pilots) its hard to get good answers.

-Robert

from what I understand, Form 5 is all you need; but do read
the regs (CAPR-60-1 latest edition) all of which are available
on the CAP web site,

--Sylvain
Old June 24th 05, 12:59 PM
Ronald Gardner

You don't need to be a mission pilot, I think a form 5 and orders
appointing you as a transport pilot.

Ron

Old June 24th 05, 05:11 PM
Hotel 179

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
Are there specific requirements for CAP transport pilots? I can't seem
to find anything on it on my regs CD. Do I just need a form 5 or is
there something else (like the form 91 for mission pilots)? Our
squadron has so few CAP pilots (lots of members, even several pilots,
but few CAP pilots) its hard to get good answers.

-Robert

--------------------------------------reply----------------------------------------------

CAPR60-3, chapter 2 outlines the requirements for all of the ES specialties.

Stephen

Old June 27th 05, 09:38 PM

Ronald Gardner wrote:
You don't need to be a mission pilot, I think a form 5 and orders
appointing you as a transport pilot.

??? Sorry, I don't see it. The best I can find is "Other".

Since a mission pilot flys on a mission and the USAF funds the
flight, and it is an "A" mission, I think a transport pilot
IS a "Mission Transport Pilot"... in Fact, teh CAPF-101(E)
that I have in my wallet, dated May01 has an entry for:
"TMP - Transport Mission Pilot".

Now, if "TMP" is the qualification, I really don't see how
a wing or squadron could possibly qualify someone with
"Mission Pilot" status, even for "Transport", unless the
pilot had a completed CAPF-91 in their pilot file.

So, that is how Thompson Valley Composite Squadron does
it here in Colorado. ...and the rest of the wing, as far
as I know, since that is what was briefed in the Stan/Eval
class (NCPSC).

Old June 27th 05, 11:57 PM
Hotel 179

original message snipped.....................

??? Sorry, I don't see it. The best I can find is "Other".

--
LtCol Jer/ Eberhard, CO-Wing, Thompson Valley CS., Ft Collins, CO
CELL/VM: 970 231-6325, CELL Message: 9702316325'at'mobile.att.net
EMAIL: jer'at'frii.com WEB: WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/
C-206 N9513G, CFII Airplane&Glider, FAA-DEN Aviation Safety Counselor
CAP-CO Mission&Aircraft CheckPilot, BM218 HAM N0FZD, 228 Young Eagles!

-----------------------reply------------------------
a.. o. Transport Mission Pilot (TMP). Satisfy the following for issuance
of a CAPF 101 (a training card shall not be issued for this specialty) (see
notes 1 and 2):

a.. 1) At least 18 years of age.

b.. 2) Current and qualified CAP pilot in accordance with CAPR 60-1,
with at least 100 hours pilot in command time including at least 50 hours of
cross-country flying.

c.. 3) Qualified GES.

Note 1: Personnel presently current and qualified as a SAR/DR Mission Pilot
are automatically qualified as a TMP.