Flarm data on iglide

Old July 22nd 18, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flarm data on iglide

Is there a configuration file that I need to make the contest numbers show up with the flarm data in iGlide? I see the traffic, altitude, etc, but I’m getting the ICAO designator instead of the contest number. I believe you have to configure the displays separately from the core, but does anyone know how to do it in iGlide?

Old July 22nd 18, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 7:22:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Is there a configuration file that I need to make the contest numbers
show up with the flarm data in iGlide?

Fetch the FLARMnet database in iGlide-compatible format:

http://flarmnet.org/index.php/en/compatible-devices
Old July 22nd 18, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Apparently the answer to this question is you sit around listening to Beethoven while randomly exploring the bottoms in iGlide. After a while you find the update flarm data button and that’s all there is to it. I’ll find out for sure when I’m at the soaring club tomorrow..
Old July 22nd 18, 06:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 5:33:36 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Apparently the answer to this question is you sit around listening to Beethoven while randomly exploring the bottoms in iGlide. After a while you find the update flarm data button and that’s all there is to it. I’ll find out for sure when I’m at the soaring club tomorrow.

It is actually not all that random, though the manual is not helpful. MenuSettingsData UpdatesFlarmNetDataDownload Lastest Flarmnet Data should do it. It will download directly into iGlide over your cellular data network. You will still see only the ICAO number for those Flarms not properly configured, which is all too common.

There is a neat feature on iGlide: touch one of the flarm targets (little glider symbols on the display), then the right arrow "" in the pop up. This will show all the flarm data on it, and offer the choice to assign a color to that particular glider. Henceforth, whenever it appears, it will appear in that color including its track. The assignment lasts until iGlide is shut down. A nice way to keep track of friends, rivals, team mates, trouble makers, etc.
Old July 23rd 18, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks for the tips! Can’t wait to try it!

Flarm with IGlide? [email protected] Soaring 5 July 3rd 18 12:13 AM
iGlide -- can't download any map data Bob Pasker Soaring 4 July 14th 17 05:46 PM
Wanted: K6 Mux output log with GPS, LX, and FLARM data 2NO Soaring 0 March 19th 13 04:58 AM
Flarm data logger TMA Soaring 1 June 3rd 12 10:03 PM
Has anyone used FLARM data to log tows? JS Soaring 2 March 15th 10 09:52 PM