Dream Panel

Old July 21st 18, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Dream Panel

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 11:46:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Its by LX Navigation not LX Nav

Is that the People's Front Of Judea, or the Judean People's Front?
Jim
Old July 22nd 18, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 11:46:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, 21 July 2018 15:56:03 UTC+1, 2G wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 5:00:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Le mardi 17 juillet 2018 21:02:53 UTC-4, 2G a écritÂ*:
As you may already know, I am ordering a new ASH31Mi. I am in the process of coming up with the panel layout and instrument selection. I would love to here from other pilots what they consider to be their dream panel (cost is not an issue).
Tom

Hi
So the dream panel include a lot of air avionic product.

Looking at the last 3 sailplane GP participant equipement it include mostly of LX Nav,a few LX Navigation and a few of all the other including Air glide product in their panel.
I wonder why?
Gilles

Yes, it seems that the bulk of innovation is coming out of two companies!

I am looking for a digital ASI and found this one from, guess who, LX NAV:
http://www.aeroexpo.online/prod/lx-n...1396-3693.html

The only distributor listed for the US is Cumulus Soaring, but Paul does not carry this product. Does anyone have any experience with this ASI and knows where to buy it (Europe is ok)?

Tom

Its by LX Navigation not LX Nav

I don't particularly care who it's by, where do I BUY it?

Tom
Old July 22nd 18, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 9:39:17 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 9:56:03 AM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
[...]

Tom, you should seriously look at the Garmin G5 to replace a slew of instruments:
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/gmn-010...hoCo0MQAvD_BwE
Much cheaper than the others discussed and it includes an attitude indicator (plus ALT, ASI, Heading and vert. speed uncomp.). With a good backup battery, that thing would save you a lot of panel space.
Herb, J7

Herb,

Good call; this is an approach I haven't considered. The G5, after much search, has a pretty decent power consumption (200mA).

Tom
Old July 22nd 18, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 7:56:03 AM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
[...]

Being experimental, its a no brainer to take out steam-driven ASI, clock, altimeter and compass and use my LX 9000 for all that data.

Old July 22nd 18, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I've got two G5s in my airplane, one as an ADI and the other as an HSI.Â*
Either can perform the functions of the other and the internal battery
is good for 4 hours, I believe.Â* Great instruments!Â* I'd have them in my
glider if I didn't already have a Dynon.

--
Dan, 5J
Old July 22nd 18, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

I'm not sure why you would you use a UAT-Out only GDL 82--which is invisible to PowerFLARM. Other PowerFLARM equipped gliders will see your PowerFLARM's FLARM signal, but you will not have the long-range benefits of having 1090ES Out for those gliders to see you via 1090ES. Why not just use a TT22 with ADS-B Out with a TN72 GPS source for SIL=3/2020 Compliance, assuming the glider will be experimental.

Another benefit (for folks who care about wave windows) is a TT22 with TN72 in an experimental glider will get you above 18,000' after 2020. Guaranteed. Without any reliance on wave window agreements actually waiving the full 2020 Compliant 1090ES Out requirement above 18,000'. But sure that's not an issue for many glider pilots.

VT-01 transponders can't do ADS-B Out in the USA, since they are not TSO-C166b/DO-260B compliant, the *B* matters. I'd be cautious of promises from Air Avionic for future support for that, I'm sure they'll get there eventually but as you know they've had challenges meeting some recent/past promises.

Schleicher will install most items though circuit breakers. But, historically at least, not ILEC engine controllers and fuel pumps on fuses.

As suggested already, I would discuss with Rex having him do the panel for you in the USA.

Since I think you might have mention Air Avionics ADS-B receivers or displays in the past, be careful of assuming Air Avionics systems will display all ADS-B targets in the USA. Their ADS-B receivers can't receive UAT, or combine it from other UAT-In sources (same issue as other FLARM serial protocol traffic displays), and their ADS-B/1090ES receivers have the same issues as PowerFLARM with lack of TIS-B and ADS-R receive capability. If you do ask them, ask very careful questions for what exactly they support with ADS-B systems in the USA. They really are very much European focused.

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 9:36:53 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 7:36:26 PM UTC-7, Roy B. wrote:
LX9070 computer with V9 vario, Remote stick, Wifi & AHRS options, KRT2 radio,Trig transponder (w/ADS-B out), 57mm Winter mechanical vario, ASI & altimeter, PowerFlarm feeding Flarmview 2. Solar panel with switching between separate LIpo batteries and ability to run any instrument on either battery and/or charge either battery. Switched gear warn system. Circuit breakers (not fuses), simple compass.
Total Cost about $14,000 USD
ROY

Sounds good, except I would go with the Air Avionics ACD (Air Control Display), paired with the KRT2 and VT-01 Mode S transponder (saves 1 panel cutout). And I would add the Garmin GDL 82 ADS-B. I would also use the Air Avionics altimeter (it's awesome!).

Schleicher has a thing about circuit breakers (?!).

Tom

Old July 22nd 18, 06:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 8:07:37 AM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
[snip]
Powerflarm absolutely outputs ADSB 1090ES contacts. Whether your display shows them is up to it. Mine does. It does NOT display the funky USA only UAT contacts (unless they are rebroadcast as 1090ES).

Ah last sentence there is not correct. The PowerFLARM does not receive ADS-R data, so even if a UAT-Out target is rebroadcast you will not see it via a PowerFLARM. What display you use is irrelevent.

And this applies wether you have ADS-B Out (including TABS) to make your glider an ADS-B ground services client or that ADS-R service is being provided for some other nearby aircraft. The PowerFLARM just does not understand ADS-R messages.
Old July 22nd 18, 12:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

http://www.aeroexpo.online/prod/lx-n...396-3693..html

The only distributor listed for the US is Cumulus Soaring, but Paul does not carry this product. Does anyone have any experience with this ASI and knows where to buy it (Europe is ok)?

Tom

Its by LX Navigation not LX Nav

I don't particularly care who it's by, where do I BUY it?

Tom

You might be able to order it direct from the factory. Their dealer page also lists W&W & a Canadian distributor, although neither advertise it on their website.
http://www.lxnavigation.com/powered-aviation/salus/
http://www.lxnavigation.com/buy/

LX Avionics offer one for about $1200:
http://lxavionics.co.uk/lxcart/index...product_id=905

I'd take a 57mm Kanardia Horis over the Dynon any day.
http://www.kanardia.eu/product/horis/
Old July 22nd 18, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 10:47:58 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the response. I revisited the TN72 and found that Trig is now making two different versions of the TN72: the TN72 TABS GPS and the TN72 X GPS, the later providing SIL 3 and full ADS-B out compliance for non-certified aircraft (which my 31Mi will be, thank God!). It is unclear to me, however, whether these are actually two different products, or are configured to be one or the other upon installation (https://www.trig-avionics.com/produc...gps-receiver/).

Any other certified GPS is large and is a challenge to mount in our gliders.. The GDL 82 could be mounted anywhere in the aircraft (within reason), so that made it attractive. The TN72 is small, and can definitely be mounted behind the instrument panel.

Tom
Old July 22nd 18, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 9:58:52 AM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
[...]

I think I found the answer to my own question: there is only one version of the TN72, configuration means the other components you have to have to meet full ADS-B Out compliance (this includes a certified GPS antenna). Here is an example of a fully compliant bundle which includes the TN72, TT22, antenna and control head:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...ickkey=3436497
This is a bargain as it is only $700 more than just the TN70 by itself. The only wart is finding a place for the antenna, but this is mandatory for any fully compliant ADS-B Out installation. Rex says I can put it in the baggage area.

Tom

Dream Panel [email protected] Soaring 24 September 24th 15 07:42 PM
I have a dream. A GPS/SBAS/QZSS dream ! In honour of MLK day. macpacheco Instrument Flight Rules 2 January 19th 11 01:39 AM
A Dream franck jeamourra Piloting 0 March 27th 04 08:43 PM
A dream franck jeamourra Simulators 0 March 25th 04 01:26 PM
a dream franck jeamourra Owning 0 March 25th 04 07:26 AM