Bridges in FS2004

Old August 11th 03, 07:44 PM
henri Arsenault

This reminds me of the first time I went to Minsk for a Congress in
1986 under the communist regime. They gave us a map, but almost all of
the important buildings were in the wrong place! But the streets were
OK. I was told that it was to confuse any potential invaders. so if one
wanted to go someplace, one had to ask a knowledgeable person to show
one where it was on the map.

No wonder the Soviet Union collapsed under its own weight (there are
those who think it was because of the Pope, and some who even think it
was because of Ronald Reagan; in fact it was because no one there knew
whether he was coming or going).

maybe Microsoft hired one of those Soviet mapmakers...

Henri
Old August 12th 03, 06:37 PM
Owain

henri Arsenault wrote in message ...
This reminds me of the first time I went to Minsk for a Congress in
1986 under the communist regime. They gave us a map, but almost all of
the important buildings were in the wrong place! But the streets were
OK. I was told that it was to confuse any potential invaders. so if one
wanted to go someplace, one had to ask a knowledgeable person to show
one where it was on the map.

No wonder the Soviet Union collapsed under its own weight (there are
those who think it was because of the Pope, and some who even think it
was because of Ronald Reagan; in fact it was because no one there knew
whether he was coming or going).

maybe Microsoft hired one of those Soviet mapmakers...

Henri

Remove bridges at http://www.planesimulation.com/

You can then restore FS2002 landmark bridges to FS2004 (USA only for
now). In ceratin cases the FS2002 custom/landmark bridges actually
match the road data (aligned)in FS2004 better!(someone mentioned VTP
points or coastline overlays) The probelm may be that autogen can't
properly make the elevation adjustments from one vtp point to another
and has no "sense" of what road it belongs to. So, weird cyborg
autogen bridges occupy the environment sometimes.

Owain Robinson
http://www.planesimulation.com/

THE DEADLY RAILROAD BRIDGES ArtKramr Military Aviation 32 February 5th 04 02:34 PM
FS2004 Garmin GPS map question Charon Simulators 1 July 28th 03 06:39 PM
FS2004 images Paul H. Simulators 0 July 22nd 03 09:41 PM
Lago Tornado and FS2004 Paul H. Simulators 0 July 20th 03 11:35 PM
gradual gyro failure in FS2004? Gary L. Drescher Simulators 3 July 19th 03 07:07 AM