Jim Burns is An Old Man Today

Old March 5th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Jim Burns is An Old Man Today

Ahem. (tap-tap-tap --- Is this thing on...?)

Just an FYI to all of you rec.aviation regulars out the Jim Burns turns
the big FOUR-OH today, in Steven's Point, WI, U.S.A.

(His wife, Tami, promised him that we'd keep it quiet...)

:-)

Unfortunately, 1/8 mile vis with freezing rain and snow has kept us from
attending his surprise party today -- but perhaps you will all join us in
tipping a cold one in the general direction of Wisconsin for "old" Jim!

See Jim (or, at least, his awesome Aztec) in the Rec.Aviation Rogues
Gallery:

http://alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_a-h.htm#B

Blue skies, Jim!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 5th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Jay Honeck wrote:

Just an FYI to all of you rec.aviation regulars out the Jim Burns turns
the big FOUR-OH today, in Steven's Point, WI, U.S.A.

40??? That means I'm...um...older. That's just wrong :-(

Happy 40 years *young* Jim!

(His wife, Tami, promised him that we'd keep it quiet...)

And I thought Tami seemed like such an honest person...hehe, she should
know better that to trust you Jay. :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old March 6th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article gYHOf.596299$084.468198@attbi_s22,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Ahem. (tap-tap-tap --- Is this thing on...?)

Just an FYI to all of you rec.aviation regulars out the Jim Burns turns
the big FOUR-OH today, in Steven's Point, WI, U.S.A.

feh - 40 is old? bah.

50, now that's old - at least for a couple more years. :-)

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Not any more for me - turned 50 years young Feb 25, now working on the second 1/2 century (?)

;-)

..

Old March 6th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Happy 40th Jim!
As a present from the FAA, you now go from three years to two years
validity on your medical.

Old March 6th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Jim Burns turns the big FOUR-OH today

Young whippersnapper. Of course, born in 1956, I'm only 32.

Hex.

Jose
Old March 6th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Ha! Got him beat by almost a month!

Anywho... Happy birthday old boy! Welcome to the 40 club JB!

The Monk

Old March 6th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"Jose" wrote

Young whippersnapper. Of course, born in 1956, I'm only 32.

Hex.

My wife was born in 1956, and she is only 12 1/2.
--
Jim in NC
Old March 6th 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"Morgans" wrote:
"Jose" wrote

Young whippersnapper. Of course, born in 1956, I'm only 32.

Hex.

My wife was born in 1956, and she is only 12 1/2.

1956 was a great year to be born - I was born in January of that fine year
and am half as old as your wife!
Old March 6th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"Jim Logajan" wrote

1956 was a great year to be born - I was born in January of that fine year
and am half as old as your wife!

Not by her way of counting.

I thought someone would come up with it by, now.

Think leap year, baby!
--
Jim in NC