SGS 1-34 Seat:

Old February 22nd 11, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BruceGreeff

Default SGS 1-34 Seat:

I fitted two, 1" thick, pieces of confor to my parachute. Basically it
is one continuous length from the back of my thigh to the shoulders.
Converts parachute from a lumpy instrument of torture to a slightly
tight armchair...

On 2011/02/22 5:03 AM, Bastoune wrote:

I have a "long" type of parachute. Where does the space foam go?
Between me and the chute or between the chute and the fiberglass seat
pan?

Thanks for the clarification.

--
Bruce Greeff
T59D #1771 & Std Cirrus #57
Old February 22nd 11, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 21, 10:03*pm, Bastoune wrote:
I have a "long" type of parachute. Where does the space foam go?
Between me and the chute or between the chute and the fiberglass seat
pan?

Thanks for the clarification.

You want spaceman foam against you. To fill in all the small
imperfections...

Cookie
Old February 23rd 11, 11:23 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

I flew the 1-34 today and with a few adjustments felt comfy for an hour. Would like to have stayed up longer but I was trying to be nice and bring it in for someone else to have a go at it. I did elevate the front of the seat pan a bit, will need to move it up a bit more. I moved the seat back one more notch back and with a foam sleeping bag pad and the seat cushion I was okay. I took the lumbar pad out of my chute, this seemed to make things worse last time. I will probably put a bit more padding in the lumbar area of the seat but the parachute part only made it worse. I am confident that I can get the seat adjusted for a 5 hours flight.

Walt
Old February 24th 11, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 23, 6:23*pm, Walt Connelly Walt.Connelly.
wrote:
I flew the 1-34 today and with a few adjustments felt comfy for an hour.
Would like to have stayed up longer but I was trying to be nice and
bring it in for someone else to have a go at it. *I did elevate the
front of the seat pan a bit, will need to move it up a bit more. *I
moved the seat back one more notch back and with a foam sleeping bag pad
and the seat cushion I was okay. *I took the lumbar pad out of my chute,
this seemed to make things worse last time. *I will probably put a bit
more padding in the lumbar area of the seat but the parachute part only
made it worse. *I am confident that I can get the seat adjusted for a 5
hours flight.

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

Keep working on it Walt.....you can see the difference.....that
leading edge has to come way up, as far as possible short of ruining
something. I have seen some guys fabricate wedge shaped leg pads out
of semi ridgid foam to support the back of the thighs...........I
think at least a little lumbar is good too. I like a big lumbar
support, but some guys like just a bit.

Cookie

Right Seat Learning [email protected] Piloting 18 February 26th 08 02:17 AM
Want To Buy - 2-33 seat belts Sam Discusflyer Soaring 4 December 4th 07 09:12 PM
Bax Seat :was A serious proposal Michael Ware Piloting 16 November 28th 05 10:51 PM
Last Bax Seat Doug Vetter Piloting 6 August 23rd 05 01:34 PM
Pitts Seat Mod Martin Morgan Aerobatics 0 November 21st 03 03:56 AM