2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

Old March 20th 18, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default 2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

US Racing Pilots and other interested parties:

The 2018 SSA Competition Rules document is now available on the SSA website:

http://www.ssa.org/ContestRules

In a further move towards consolidation and simplification, the rules for all classes and levels of competition are now contained in a single, sort of easy to read document, making it even more convenient to print out as a handy in-cockpit reference.

Many thanks to Hank Nixon (UH) for his tireless efforts chairing the Rules Committee as he now moves on to his new role serving competition soaring in the US.

Best wishes for a fun and safe 2018 racing season!

Andy Blackburn
9B
Chair, Contest Rules Committee
Old March 21st 18, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

considering that the bulk of pilots have demonstrated through contest performance and poll voting that they don't even read the rules when sitting in the comfort of their own homes, it's hard to imagine that any would be interested in having the ability to read the rules in the cockpit
Old March 21st 18, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

So Andy,first let me thank you and all of the competition committee for your dedication to our sport. It is the definition of "thankless job" so I for one will buy you a beer next time we fly together. Second you mention a handy cockpit size condensed version, I cant seem to find that in the ssa link you provided and did not see it in the 2018 rules pdf? any ideas?

Thanks

Cliff Hilty CH ASW27
Old March 21st 18, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

Old March 22nd 18, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 12:57:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:
So Andy,first let me thank you and all of the competition committee for your dedication to our sport. It is the definition of "thankless job" so I for one will buy you a beer next time we fly together. Second you mention a handy cockpit size condensed version, I cant seem to find that in the ssa link you provided and did not see it in the 2018 rules pdf? any ideas?

Thanks

Cliff Hilty CH ASW27

Thanks Cliff and Tony,

One of us is going to win the award for self-deprecating sardony in this thread. Win or lose, I'm satisfied with my effort.

;-)

9B
Old March 22nd 18, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 10:32:04 UTC-6, Andy Blackburn wrote:
US Racing Pilots and other interested parties:

The 2018 SSA Competition Rules document is now available on the SSA website:

http://www.ssa.org/ContestRules

In a further move towards consolidation and simplification, the rules for all classes and levels of competition are now contained in a single, sort of easy to read document, making it even more convenient to print out as a handy in-cockpit reference.

Many thanks to Hank Nixon (UH) for his tireless efforts chairing the Rules Committee as he now moves on to "

Best wishes for a fun and safe 2018 racing season!

Andy Blackburn
9B
Chair, Contest Rules Committee

Andy, can you expand on "as he now moves on to his new role serving competition soaring in the US. "

Have there been changes to the Competition Committee? Nothing from the SSA that I have seen.

Thanks
Old March 22nd 18, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 8:38:37 AM UTC-5, Ron Gleason wrote:
[...]

Hank has stepped up to chair the Competition Committee. Website is updated for that, but not yet for the Rules Committee. Apologies for the confusion.

http://www.ssa.org/ContestCommittee?show=26

9B