Eglider.org Knauff and Grove not filling orders???

Old June 23rd 19, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

Default Eglider.org Knauff and Grove not filling orders???

I placed an order on eglider.org which is Knauff and Grove soaring supplies several weeks ago and submitted payment.

I have heard nothing about this order other than the initial order confirmation email.

I have sent several emails asking for status on my order and have received no replies at all.

Are they still in business? Are they filling orders at all?

Really all I want is the current edition of the book "After Solo" as I am transitioning to cross country flying and have seen this book recommend by many.

Any help or information is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike N.
1M
Old June 24th 19, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

Thanks I'll make the call tomorrow.
Old June 27th 19, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I placed an order for an item on the Knauff and Grove website a couple of weeks ago. My credit card was charged immediately for the order. After a week of the website order status showing "in process" I called Tom. He said he didn't have any knowledge of my order and he didn't have the item. I sent him a screen shot of the order confirmation web page and a copy of my credit card statement showing the charge. Tom called and said I will have to get the item from somewhere else, I said "fine, but I need a refund". It has been over a week since that conversation and still no refund. If it doesn't post soon I'll have to go through the process of protesting the charge with the credit card company.

Computer problems, hacks, whatever; if a customer shows proof of an erroneous charge and the merchant does not make an immediate refund that merchant no longer deserves our patronage. There is absolutely no excuse for sitting on my money without any intention of delivering the ordered item.
Old June 27th 19, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

You might want to check with your credit card company asap and see whether your payment did actually go to Ridge, or if your payment went into the hacker's account. The screen shot could be spoofed by the hackers.

Tell the credit card company the amount of the payment and ask them who it went to.
Old June 27th 19, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Are you sure Tom got your money ? Very unlikely he will take the money, not deliver and not give a refund.
In the meantime, call your credit card company and ask to dispute the charge. You'll get a refund right away. Now it's the merchant's turn to prove he actually deliverd you the item.

Old June 28th 19, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It was my understanding when I was there that they were not getting the orders or the money.