15 Meter Worlds John and Dave

Old July 18th 12, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default 15 Meter Worlds John and Dave

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:12:20 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:

You can call me God.

Thanks, I'll pass.

I prefer not to talk to anyone who hasn't the courtesy to introduce himself.

And that includes any god that might be around...

Kirk
66

Old July 18th 12, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:20:05 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:41:40 PM UTC-4, John wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:21:33 PM UTC-7, S. Murry wrote:

> > > Kirk,
> > > It is not about if I have a bag over my head or am not to be taken
> > > seriously it is about supporting American built sailplane that has been
> > > proven to kick ass. Look into it, educate yourself, by the way who are
> > > you? I will tell you this, I am nobody and my opinion means nothing
> > > because nothing will change unless people like you change by looking at
> > > the facts and start asking "why isn't the Duck Hawk at the worlds?.
> > > Sorry about my spelling.
> > > You can call me God.
> >
> > ...or you could do a quick Google search and find out that the e-mail has
> > been used by one Mr. John Bentley of Bend, OR. If you're an SSA member,
> > you can locate his particulars.
> >
> > If Mr. Bentley (aka God) is truly trying be be nefariously anonymous, he
> > is doing a bad job.
> >
> > For the record, I think it would be great if the US team flew a US glider,
> > regardless of Mr. Bentley's affiliation (or lack thereof) with the
> > manufacturer of said glider. But there are a million logistical issues
> > that would make this difficult to pull off before this WGC.
> >
> > --
> > Stefan Murry
>
> This is God,
> I truly did just forgot to put my name in the box. I just want to put this out there to stir up the pot and yes I am a supporter of Windward but do not work there. I just believe that given the chance the Duck Hawk would do very well if not win at the WGC (my opinion). It is my hope that the soaring comunity will ask the same question and maybe just maybe somthing will happen. I think we all agree that having a US made sailplane in the WGC is important but it is not up to us but important that the opinon of the soaring comunity be known one way or another. It is our team. It is hard enough to design, build, and produce a composit sailplane that is maybe a little diffrent but it seems even harder to change the way we think even if the proof is right in our face.
>
> Anything can be accompilshed if you try.
> John

Mr Unknown- Your enthusiasm and national pride are obvious.
What is also obvious is that you do not have the faintest clue what it takes to prepare a pilot and sailplane to compete in the Worlds.
John Seaborn has been working on his Ventus for a year in preparation for Uvalde.
That kind of readiness doesn't happen in a week because you wish it.
Additionally, our pilots have been training extensively in the gliders they will fly. It takes a good number of hours with a new ship to learn to get the most out of it. The Worlds is not the place to do that.
The Duck Hawk has had some encouraging results in the hands of Chip Garner. He flew a great race at Mifflin and was one of the 2 pilots that managed to avoid one or more disasters. The limited time I flew with it in my ASW-27 indicated to me that it appears competitive, but I never felt disadvantaged.
It is good that Greg and crew are doing this project. I wish them luck.
That said, it isn't the time to switch horses.
For the record I am Hank Nixon
UH

Thanks Hank,
Some times it takes someone who knows nothing to ask the question that we are all thinking and do not want to look stupid asking. Some day when I am competing at the worlds then I will be able to choose the sailplane I wish to fly. Then maybe the Duck Hawk will be at next years Worlds unless the pilots have been tweeking and training in their old sailplanes for years or the country that is hosting the Worlds will not accept a aircraft that is certified Experimental Air Racing then we will never know.
John
A nobody spouting out about somthing he knows nothing about.

Old July 19th 12, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wallace Berry[_2_]

In article ,
"kirk.stant" wrote:

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:32:14 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:

Take a chance, what have you got to loose?

How about you take a chance and let us know who you are?

Do you walk around with a paper bag over your head in public?

Hard to take someone seriously if he is anonymous...

Ps: It's spelled "lose"

Kirk
66

What are youse guys using for a newsreader? Mr. Bentley's name showed up
on my reader (Newswatcher) from the first post.
Old July 19th 12, 04:21 PM
Squeaky Squeaky is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk.stant View Post
On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:32:14 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:

Take a chance, what have you got to loose?

How about you take a chance and let us know who you are?

Do you walk around with a paper bag over your head in public?

Hard to take someone seriously if he is anonymous...

Ps: It's spelled "lose"

Kirk
66
Hey Kirk,

I can vouch for who you are--you gave me my first Glider rides near Wilson while we were stationed together flying F-4's in the Chiefs. Thanks for that--always wanted to fly sailplanes but the club closest to Seymour Johnson moved and I never had the opportunity until lately.

Now I've got my license, a Pilatus B4, and I'm enjoying the crap out of Soaring.

Hope you are doing well.

Cheers,
Joe DeWitt
83
Old July 19th 12, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

What are youse guys using for a newsreader? Mr. Bentley's name showed up
on my reader (Newswatcher) from the first post.

I'm using Google Groups. Recently I've noticed that there are a lot of "unknown" posters showing up, and unless they sign their post at the end, they appear anonymous.

Probably a GG problem - so sorry if anyone is irritated by my response to what apprear to be anonymous postings.

And please, don't tell me to change newsreader - I'm perfectly happy with GG...!

Kirk
66
Old July 22nd 12, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

On 7/19/2012 11:14 AM, kirk.stant wrote:
What are youse guys using for a newsreader? Mr. Bentley's name showed
up on my reader (Newswatcher) from the first post.

I'm using Google Groups. Recently I've noticed that there are a lot of
"unknown" posters showing up, and unless they sign their post at the end,
they appear anonymous.

Probably a GG problem - so sorry if anyone is irritated by my response to
what apprear to be anonymous postings.

And please, don't tell me to change newsreader - I'm perfectly happy with
GG...!

Kirk 66

Kirk,

Just back after a week's vacation at a soaring camp. Hadda use the FBO's CPU
for my daily RAS fix...via GG.

Back home, upon looking up/cleaning out RAS via Thunderbird (originally
downloaded via 26.4Kbit landline/modem, since upgraded), I noted: 1) lotsa
posts (whole threads!) that I don't recall even SEEing in GG; 2) the "GG
anonymous" effect; and 3) a complete absence of the "clunkiness" of reading
via GG.

The above assessment from someone others routinely describe as a voluntary
Luddite...

Bob W.

P.S. Does this post meet your "...don't tell me to change newsreader" wish? :-)
Old July 23rd 12, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:21:45 AM UTC-7, Squeaky wrote:

Hey Kirk,

I can vouch for who you are--you gave me my first Glider rides near
Wilson while we were stationed together flying F-4's in the Chiefs.
Thanks for that--always wanted to fly sailplanes but the club closest to
Seymour Johnson moved and I never had the opportunity until lately.

Now I've got my license, a Pilatus B4, and I'm enjoying the crap out of
Soaring.

Hope you are doing well.

Cheers,
Joe DeWitt
83

Hey Joe, good to hear from you! And congrats on the B4 - that is one of the nicest gliders I've ever flown - and a lot better at acro than my LS6!

Doing fine, dodging huge dust storms here in Phoenix this weekend. I actually was at SJAFB last week doing some work on F-15E trainers, Can't seem to get away from that place!

Cheers!

Kirk
66
Old July 23rd 12, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:07:43 AM UTC-7, Bob Whelan wrote:

Kirk,

Just back after a week's vacation at a soaring camp. Hadda use the FBO's CPU
for my daily RAS fix...via GG.

Back home, upon looking up/cleaning out RAS via Thunderbird (originally
downloaded via 26.4Kbit landline/modem, since upgraded), I noted: 1) lotsa
posts (whole threads!) that I don't recall even SEEing in GG; 2) the "GG
anonymous" effect; and 3) a complete absence of the "clunkiness" of reading
via GG.

The above assessment from someone others routinely describe as a voluntary
Luddite...

Bob W.

P.S. Does this post meet your "...don't tell me to change newsreader" wish? :-)

Darn, Bob, you are applying peer pressure - I may just have to try something better. Grumble...

Anyway, sorry if I've inadvertently dissed some of you guys!

Cheers,

Kirk
66