Suggestions sought for prop gov repair

Old August 19th 03, 11:32 PM
ks_av8r

Default Suggestions sought for prop gov repair

Our Hartzell prop governor on an IO-360 Lyc has developed a nasty little oil
leak around the control shaft. The company in Wichita that successfully
repaired it many years ago is no longer performing this type of work.
Currently we are considering sending it directly to Hartzell, but if good
experiences have been found in the midwest, we would be interested. The
prop and governor were overhauled in '98. (about 750 hrs ago).

Thanks and reply to newsgroup.

ks_av8r

Old August 20th 03, 04:06 PM
Ron Natalie

"ks_av8r" wrote in message ...
Our Hartzell prop governor on an IO-360 Lyc has developed a nasty little oil
leak around the control shaft.

I'd recommend finding anybody other than Hartzell to do the work. Their shop
has a propensity for:
1. Being expensive to begin with.
2. Insisting on additional work not strictly required.
3. Declaring things unairworthy (and defacing them in the process).

Many prop shops can work on your governor. If you can't find anybody else,
I think that Sennsenich in Lancaster, PA will do it (yes, they work on Hartzell
props).

Old August 21st 03, 11:57 PM
ks_av8r

Thanks for the lead. We will follow up with Sennsenich. And thanks for the
answer before I asked it about working on Hartzell's, because I was already
thinking it before I got to the end of the sentence

Denny

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...