SSA Speaker Presentations Available

Old March 9th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Default SSA Speaker Presentations Available

At the 2007 SSA convention I gave a pair of back to back speeches.

Soaring Flight Computers and Recorders - This presentation details GPS
systems for use for soaring pilots. I talk about how flight recorders
are used, how they are wired together, how to upload and download
flight logs and other details. I deal with what flight computers bring
to the party, how they can help soaring, how they can drive moving map
PDA displays, file structure, etc.

Avionics Wiring - I have seen many glider avionics installations which
have made my hair stand on end (or fall out altogether). This
presentation is intended to provide instruction in some best practices
on the wiring of avionics. Topics include wires types and gauges,
crimp lugs, power, batteries, insulation, mounting, etc.

Both presentations are available for downloading at
http://geocities.com/jhderosa/aviation.

Enjoy, John

Old March 10th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

John, I tried to download your presentations, but Yahoo wouldn't
cooperate. Gave me an error 999, "we are unable to process your
request".

Was anyone else successful in downloading?

-John

Old March 10th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CB[_2_]

On Mar 9, 9:47 pm, "jcarlyle" wrote:
John, I tried to download your presentations, but Yahoo wouldn't
cooperate. Gave me an error 999, "we are unable to process your
request".

Was anyone else successful in downloading?

-John

On Mar 9, 4:51 pm, "ContestID67" wrote:

Both presentations are available for downloading athttp://geocities.com/jhderosa/aviation.- Hide quoted text -

I was able to download without any problem from earthlink account.
Nice presentations which I'm sure I'll find helpful.
v/r
Craig

Old March 10th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeremy Zawodny

ContestID67 wrote:
At the 2007 SSA convention I gave a pair of back to back speeches.

Soaring Flight Computers and Recorders - This presentation details GPS
systems for use for soaring pilots. I talk about how flight recorders
are used, how they are wired together, how to upload and download
flight logs and other details. I deal with what flight computers bring
to the party, how they can help soaring, how they can drive moving map
PDA displays, file structure, etc.

Avionics Wiring - I have seen many glider avionics installations which
have made my hair stand on end (or fall out altogether). This
presentation is intended to provide instruction in some best practices
on the wiring of avionics. Topics include wires types and gauges,
crimp lugs, power, batteries, insulation, mounting, etc.

Good stuff, John. Thanks for posting.

Jeremy
Old March 10th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Cant

Same problem, but after deleting the dot at the end
of the url it came right up.

Ian

Old March 10th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Ian Cant wrote:
Same problem, but after deleting the dot at the end
of the url it came right up.

That's not where my problem occurs, unfortunately; it's getting the pdf
file from this link on his "Aviation Presentations Page":

http://geocities.com/jhderosa/aviati...iring_2007.pdf

Boy, that's long. Anyway, clicking on it gets a Yahoo 999 error, while
right-clicking and saving it gets small, bad pdf file. I've used my
primary browser (Seamonkey) and IE 7 with no luck yet. Perhaps someone
that has retrieved it could post it elsewhere besides Yahoo?

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old March 10th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Eric,

This is a strange problem. I was getting the error last night and I am
currently getting it. However, I was able to download the files this
morning at 6:00 AM.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Old March 10th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Yeah, it really is strange. Last night on computer 1, all I got was
the 999 error. This morning, on computer 2, I was able to access all
three of the presentations. However, only one downloaded fully and was
able to be saved; the other two hung during the save process (they
hadn't downloaded completely). After rebooting computer 2, all I can
get now is the 999 error. I even removed all the cookies geocities
produced, but no joy. And computer 1 still refuses, with a 999 error.

-John

Old March 11th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
qfly

On Mar 10, 11:25 am, "jcarlyle" wrote:
Yeah, it really is strange. Last night on computer 1, all I got was
the 999 error. This morning, on computer 2, I was able to access all
three of the presentations. However, only one downloaded fully and was
able to be saved; the other two hung during the save process (they
hadn't downloaded completely). After rebooting computer 2, all I can
get now is the 999 error. I even removed all the cookies geocities
produced, but no joy. And computer 1 still refuses, with a 999 error.

-John

On Mar 10, 11:13 am, "Wayne Paul" wrote:

This is a strange problem. I was getting the error last night and I am
currently getting it. However, I was able to download the files this
morning at 6:00 AM.

I had both problems; however, I found a work around. Clicking
directly on the links resulted in the 999 error. Right clicking to
save the file did not work. Then I right-clicked and selected "copy
link location". I then opened up a second browser window and pasted
the copied link into the new browser windows navigation panel. The
Adobe Acro-Reader window came up allowing me to save it to disk.
After that I can now click directly on the link and I do not get the
999 error. That's a strange one. I use Mozilla Browser.

Jim DeRubeis